Lawn care program for bermuda

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ALATURF, Mar 29, 2006.

1. ALATURF

ALATURF LawnSite Member

This is my first year doing applications and i am looking for some help getting my program together. I am licensed, insured , and have been in business doing lawn maintenance for about 10 years, and i also worked for a larger company as a applicator but that also has been about 10 years ago.My local lesco has been very helpful but their basically not giving me enough info. I am doing a 6 application program on basically all Bermuda. I plan on the first two rounds being preemergent and then three fertilizations and the last another preemergent. Does this sound about right? Any suggestions on what i should plan on using on my next rounds or any suggestions at all would be appreciated.

2. AUHort1990

AUHort1990 LawnSite Member

Are you in Montgomery or using the Lesco in Montgomery?

3. Fvstringpicker

Fvstringpicker LawnSite Fanatic

Call Lesco in Columbus Georgia and ask for their program. (706)327-2457

4. ALATURF

ALATURF LawnSite Member

I am located near Montgomery and do use the lesco in Montgomery.The guys at lesco are great and have helped me out a great deal, but I just know that everybody has their own way of doing things and i'm just looking for some suggestions or recommendations on a good place for me to start building a good program for this area.

5. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

Short of giving you the exact product used, my Bermuda program is posted for all to see at this address http://turfga.com/technical.htm

Sometimes I think this is giving away too much info on website. Oh well.

6. ALATURF

ALATURF LawnSite Member

That is pretty much the same program i have put together. I guess i was really wanting something more specific, as in suggestions on which products to use and when to receive the best results. Thanks for your reply and info.

7. AUHort1990

AUHort1990 LawnSite Member

Well, here is a program given to me by the same Lesco you use. They gave it to me back in '95. I dug it out of my files.

Granular Application Program for Bermuda

Feb. 1st-15th

5-10-20 with Pre M
    3-way

April 1st-5th

25-2-5 with Pre M
    3 way

June 1st-15th

32-5-7
    Wath for Dollar Spot

August 1st -15th

32-5-7 or 25-5-11 with trace elements

Oct. 1st-15th

5-10-20 with Pre M

Sprayable Program

Feb.1st-15th

0-0-62
    Pre M EC
    3 way

April 1st-15th

46-0-0
    0-0-6
    Chelated Iron
    Pre M EC
    3 way

June 1st-15th

46-0-0
    Chelated Iron
    Touche (do they sale this anymore)

August 1st-15th

46-0-0
    Chelated Iron

October 1st-15th

0-0-62
    Pre M EC

8. steve's total lawn care

steve's total lawn care LawnSite Member

Well how i offer a weed program is bucaneer "generic roundup" and atrazine a prem in jan 15th thru april 1st, then i apply MSMA in may thru august for crabrass sandburs nutsedge dallisgrass etc for summer weeds. Then i apply simazine and 24d in sept thru dec. My fertilize apps are in april june aug and sept use bulk fertlizer from you local feed store it contains iron and sulfur in it. buy offering this program you will save a ton of money and increase profit potential the prices for the chemicals are as follow bucaneer $130 a case Atrazine $100 a case Simazine $75 a case 24d $50 a case then your dye which runs $150 a case with 4 1 gallon jugs in it then $100 a case for surfactant and finally fertlizer runs $10 for a 50 pound bag of it your prices may differ in you area then in mine but check your local feed store they can order these products for you dont mess with lesco and these other high priced chemicals you will waste your money i know this cause i tried it and you want gain much profit it will be spent all on chemical at least 70% of it will. If you go with this weed and feed program you will come out with more profit then these other guys doing it for a living because they buy the high priced chemicals that don't work as good. STEVE!!

9. LawnJohn

LawnJohn LawnSite Member
    from Atlanta

Here's my bermuda schedule.

Feb: Barricade and 3-way

April: Barricade + 3-way + 32-3-8 30%ppscu *Mach 2 for grubs

June: Momentum or Trimec 992 + 32-3-8 50%ppscu

August: Momentum or Trimec 992 (half rate) 32-3-8
    * After August 15th I start my Pre-emergent apps.

October: Barricade + 3-way

December: Barricade + 3-way

Simple huh?

Keep in mind I may also use granular Preemergent which is typically 0-0-7 Dimension or Barricade.Oh yeah.. I use Dimension WSP as well. I didn't include fungicides and specialy chems like Drive or Image, talstar, etc but they get used as needed..