lawn care proposal/contract Take alook at mine if you would.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Vandora Lawn & Landscape, Aug 22, 2001.

1. Vandora Lawn & Landscape

Vandora Lawn & Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Vandora Lawn & Landscape
    6008 Lake Manor Drive
    Baltimore, Maryland 21210
    (410) 377-8186

August 22, 2001

Lawn Care Proposal

Mowing:
    All turf areas will be mowed and grass discharged back into the turf each visit. All areas inaccessible to mowers and the areas around obstacles and buildings will be trimmed with string trimmers. All walks and drives will be edged each visit. All natural debris will be blown back on the turf area. Any trash on turf areas, walks, and drives will be removed. Client will be contacted if the presence of excessive trash is a regular occurrence.

Service Charge per Visit: $ 0.00

Spring and Fall Cleanups:
    All debris will be removed from beds. Turf areas will then be blown clean. All debris will be removed from property. In the spring, there will be one cleanup visit before regular weekly mowing service begins. In the fall, there will be cleanup visit at half the frequency of normal mowing. Fall cleanup visits will begin at the conclusion of fall mowing, normally the second week of October. Fall cleanup visits will continue until the second week of December, longer if need at the discretion of the Vandora Lawn & Landscape.

Fertilization and Weed Control:
    A program of five applications that include:

Service Charge per Application: $ 0.00

Aeration and Overseeding:
    Aerate all turf areas in spring and fall. Overseed all turf areas in the fall with appropriate seed.

Period of Service:
    Service will commence upon acceptance of proposal or the beginning of the growing season, whichever is later. Service will continue until the end of the growing season.

Frequency and Necessity of Service:
    Service will be provided weekly subject to weather and other conditions beyond the control of Vandora Lawn & Landscape. Vandora Lawn & Landscape reserves the right to decide when service should be skipped because of insufficient growth due to drought. Two business day's notice is necessary to reschedule service at no charge, otherwise service may be skipped while still incurring the weekly service charge.

Terms:
    Net 15 days.
    A FINANCE CHARGE of 1 ½% per month (18% per Annum) will be charged to all past due accounts with a Minimum Finance Charge of $5.00. Any bill not receiving full payment within 45 days shall be considered delinquent. All services will be temporarily stopped on any delinquent account until FULL payment for all services rendered have been received. If an account must be turned over to a Collection Agency, the client will be responsible for ALL costs involved in collection of said account.

Cancellation:
    Both Vandora Lawn & Landscape and the client my cancel this agreement with two weeks written notice. The account balance becomes due and immediately payable upon cancellation.

We propose: hereby agree to furnish material and labor complete in accordance with the specifications set forth, for the sum as quoted. Payment to be made as indicated above after the completion of the work. NOTE: This proposal may be withdrawn if not accepted within 30 Days.

Signed: Date:

Acceptance: The above prices, specifications, and conditions are hereby accepted. Vandora Lawn & Landscape and its subcontractors are authorized to do the work as outlined. Payment will be made as outlined.

Signed: Date:

2. smburgess

smburgess LawnSite Senior Member

You asked!!!!! ( Don't take it personally )

Client will be contacted if the presence of excessive trash is a regular occurrence.

And you'll WHAT?

Fall cleanup visits will continue until the second week of December, longer if need at the discretion of the Vandora Lawn & Landscape.

Since you decide when you'll stop cleaning up, are you paying for it?

Fertilization and Weed Control:

What kind/type?

Service will continue until the end of the growing season.

What about your post-season cleanups?

Vandora Lawn & Landscape reserves the right to decide when service should be skipped because of insufficient growth due to drought. Two business day's notice is necessary to reschedule service at no charge, otherwise service may be skipped while still incurring the weekly service charge.

You think it doesn't need cut, you skip it, but you're still charging me?

Also you go into great detail about late payment, collections, etc., leads me to the assumption that you have a problem getting your money. The potential client may think the same and wonder why.

3. Vandora Lawn & Landscape

You raised some good points. I'm not sure what to do if trash becomes a problem. I haven't listed the 5 step because, I still have to finalize what I'm going to apply. The end of season thing needs adjustment. And the part about the to or not to cut, needs to say if i think it should be cut, I show up to cut it, and you tell me to run away, I CAN (doesn't mean I will) still charge. If I decide not to cut, there's no charge.

4. Guardian

Guardian LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

you seem to be proposing service for an entire year right? Why give them a "per visit" charge? Factor in the basic service you perform all year and come up with a monthly rate. Provide extra services like overseading, aeration etc on a "as requested basis" for a one time fee. One of the benifits to this is your ability to do only what needs to be done at times (example: Maybe you show up and its obvious that all the place needs is a tight edge line and blowing) -As long as everything continues to look well, you just keep collecting the same monthly fee. I meet with prospective clients, determine what they want and customise every contract/proposal. One form doesn't meet every need.

5. Vandora Lawn & Landscape

That's an excellent point. Maybe that might work for some of my clients. However, for many that might not be acceptible. This proposal, is really my all encompassing, EVERYTHING, THE WORKS! GRADE AAA, GOLD DOUBLE TRIPLE STAR level of service, get my drift. For many people a simple weekly service price is appropriate. In all likelihood, I would remove some items for many of my customers.

6. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Steve

I have to be fair to Cullen he is using part of a contract that I have put out many times to those who have requested. Dont know if I sent it to him directly or if it came from a post here - still flattered! :blush:

Yes, this sounds harsh because of the short format used here, but it stems from a page description about our company in which we note:THE COMPANY - UNIFORMS - LICENSING - COMPANY VEHICLE IDENTIFICATION - INSURANCE - BILLING. When used in a one page format, it flows much easier. :)

Kris

7. Vandora Lawn & Landscape

I meant to thank you! But i could remember who wrote that Kris. I really loved that when I saw it.

8. Chuck Sinclair

Chuck Sinclair LawnSite Senior Member

NOPE would not even show it to a customer sorry but it is not professional enough for my company just my 02 here is the one i use but it is nicely formated in word unlike here.

April 11, 2001

Northwood Apartments
    2201 Howe Avenue
    Sacramento, CA 95825-0148

ATTN: Keri Jones, Property Manager

REF: Northwood Apartments, 2201 Howe Avenue., Sacramento, CA 95825

SUBJECT: Landscape Maintenance

PROPOSAL/CONTRACT

This agreement made between Northwood Apartments and Willow Brooke Landscape (hereinafter referred to as Client and Contractor) is a monthly service contract for Landscape maintenance at the above referenced property.

PRICE QUOTE: One Thousand nine Hundred Twenty Dollars ($1.920.00 per month)

Contractor hereby agrees to provide supervision, labor, and equipment to perform the following functions

LANDSCAPE MAINTENANCE

1) Turf areas

Clean- Up

All turf areas shall be cleaned periodically in order to keep the area free from vegetative debris, rocks, trash, glass and other foreign materials.

Mowing

All turf areas shall be mowed to maintain a turf height of two inches (2”) to help promote a healthier and weed free turf this usually results in weekly mowing. A weekly mowing should be used as a guideline

Upon completion of mowing the turf shall have an even and uniform appearance. Excessive amounts of clipping will not be allowed to remain on the turf and shall be moved from site.

Edging

Edging shall be preformed around all turf perimeters and ground cover areas often enough to maintain a neat, well-groomed condition and prevent turf invasion into planted areas. Edging must be performed at the same time as mowing and not less then once a week. Contractor will take all debris resulting from edging from the site. Every effort will be made to mow the turf when it is dry, as long as it is practical to do so.

Fertilization

All turf areas shall be fertilized 6 (six) times per year with a slow release fertilizer. To maintain a lush green appearance at all times. All applications shall be applied when the ground is dry. The cost of the fertilizer will be paid by the Contractor.

Aerating

Contractor is recommending aerating turf areas twice per year.
    For the sum of $_____ not included in the contract price

2) Trees, Shrubs, and Ground Cover and Vines Areas

Clean-up

All planted areas shall be kept free of voluntary grasses, weeds, leaves, papers, bottles, cans, rocks, spent blossoms and other debris.

Pruning and trimming

All shrubs shall be carefully pruned, thinned, pinched, and trimmed in a manner that will retain the natural growth characteristics of the plant throughout the year.

Fertilization

All planted areas shall be fertilized 3 (three) times per year with a slow release fertilizer. All applications shall be applied when the ground is dry. The cost of the fertilizer will be paid by the Contractor.

Trees

Small branches and growth shall be pruned to a height of 12 feet to promote easy public ingress and egress of the areas. Staking, guying and the removal of stakes and guys will be preformed as required.

Tree Spaying

Trees that require spraying for insect and/or disease control shall be billed as extra work on a time and material basis unless otherwise specified.

3) Weed Control

Weeds shall be controlled and removed on a continual basis, as required. Removal may be done by hand or with the use of chemicals from the overall Chemical Control Schedule, (Available by request)

Contractor shall replace any shrubs, trees, vines, ground cover or turf areas that are damaged by Contractor’s personnel. Contractor will not be held responsible for the death of existing and/or new plant materials that die due to malicious mischief or situations beyond his control.

IRRIGATION – APPLICATION AND REPAIRES:

Contractor shall be responsible for controller programming. Proper soil moisture content will be maintained on all landscaped areas through the use of programmed sprinkler application between the hours of 11:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m., whenever possible.

Contractor will be responsible for regularly inspecting the existing irrigation system performing standard maintenance. Contractor shall make Client aware of any parts that require repair or replacement resulting from foot traffic, theft or vandalism. Replacement cost due to vandalism, theft, and foot traffic shall be the responsibility of the Client.

Underground irrigation system work will be billed as extra work on a time and material basis. The replacement of sprinkler heads or sprinkler risers will be billed on a material basis only.

Contractor shall be responsible for replacement costs due to damages resulting from Contractor’s operations.

PARKING LOT MAINTENANCE

Maintenance crews use hand blowers during their regularly scheduled, weekly visits to clear debris from parking lots. Contractor shall be conscious of noise and dust pollution and take necessary steps to prevent and/or correct them if they should occur.

EXTRA WORK:

All extra work will be approved in writing with necessary purchase order numbers issued, prior to start of work. All extra work shall be done on a time and material basis and shall be invoiced as follows:

Irrigation technician $30.00 per hour
    Landscape Labor $25.00 per hour
    Seasonal Color (including labor) $1.56 per plant, in 4” pot

Contractor renders service Monday through Sunday, Excluding holidays. (Call to arrange any emergency work that must be done on a holiday) if additional landscape arrears are added to the contract, there may be an increase in the monthly maintenance fee for the upkeep of the new areas. An addendum shall be made to the contract reflecting the increase

INSURANCE:
    Contractor will maintain the following Insurance coverage:

Workman’s compensation and Employer’s Liability Insurance with limits of not less then $500,000.00. Certificates of Insurance will be furnished upon request.

Contractor to purchase all licenses and permits required by the City, County, State, or Federal Governments.

NOTES TO CONTRACT:

(1) Client agrees to give Contractor a 15-day Notice of Deficiency to allow Contractor the opportunity to cure said deficiencies. Either party can terminate this Agreement for any reason other then Non-Compliance with thirty (30) days written notice sent by certified mail.

(2) This Contract shall be binding upon the successors and assigns of the management and heirs, administrations, and executors.

(3) Terms of payment Invoices for maintenance shall be paid by the end of the month of service. A 3% discount will be offered if paid be the 15th day of the month of service. Finance charges will begin to accrue on the first day of the month following service at a rate of 1.5% per month, 18% per annum. in the event legal action is taken to enforce any parts of this agreement, all legal fees will be added to the balance due, and shall accrue interest from the date of action.

(4) Extra work shall be invoiced upon completion of the work and sent with the maintenance invoice. Contracted work shall be invoiced upon completion of the work, and is due upon receipt. Payment is due in accordance with the maintenance invoice.

EXCLUSIONS:

While Contractor shall make every effort to provide regularly scheduled service in the event of rain, no credit nor any other adjustment shall be made to the monthly billing if services are interrupted by rain or other conditions outside of the control of Contractor. Client hereby agrees and understands that the monthly billing shall be paid in full each and every month regardless of rain days or other interruptions outside of the control of Contractor.

Contractor shall replace, restore or repair any damage to property done by its employees, agents or assignees but will not be responsible for damages which are the result of vandalism, theft, foot traffic or other causes outside of the control of the Contractor.

The first day of service under this agreement shall be __________, 2001

The final day of service under this agreement shall be __________, 20__

If accepted, please sign and return a copy to us for our records. Proof of insurance will be issued upon request and confirmation of the work to be performed.

9. AVRECON

AVRECON LawnSite Senior Member

Sinclac, just in case you didn't notice, Tree Spaying- should be Spraying. Never heard of spaying a tree, LOL! IRRIGATION – APPLICATION AND REPAIRES: Should be Repairs. Thought you'd like to know about these just in case you hadn't noticed. Thought I saw another one, but I couldn't find it.

10. fivestarlawnken

fivestarlawnken LawnSite Senior Member

Sinclac , i think you have a good detailed contract.Keep up the good work guys.:)