Lawn Care Pros from San Diego to San Fran?

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by ODwyerPW, Feb 14, 2005.

1. ODwyerPW

ODwyerPW LawnSite Member

Are there any Lawn Care Professionals here that service the San Diego or San Francisco Metropolitan areas?

Just spent 3 weeks there. My impression is that it is a small market to compete in with allot of low wage competition. Much different from our Market here in the North East.

2. ilovethisgame

ilovethisgame LawnSite Member

Although there are countless low end lco's there are lots of people seeking high-end service. The lowballers only look for volume if the can't be off a job in a half hour or less they can't make a profit w/ what the charge.

3. desert rose gardening

desert rose gardening LawnSite Senior Member

I work 20 miles east of San Diego and make $50.00 a hour on average. I only speak English and have been doing this kind of work for 20 years.

4. michaelkoger

michaelkoger LawnSite Member

I used to Live in LA back in 2003 and noticed that many of the lcos dont have riding mowers in the city due to the small yards. Is San Diego like that?

5. I was in Cali back in Jan/feb and that was the impression that I got. Just seems that you need to market yourself as a quality company and you can make a nice living. There was no shortage of money in la jolla, that's for sure. One of my customers is from San diego and he told me I could have a great business out there bc peole want a reliable, hard working, English speaking company. I actually want to move to San Diego in about 5-10 years and start up a company out there.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. tlc1994

tlc1994 LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah there's plenty of dime a dozen guys out hear but if you had a license and a good company image you'd be one in a million.

7. Do you have any accounts in rancho Santa fe?
    Posted via Mobile Device