Lawn Care Salesmen. What Do They Drive?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by DanielCo, Jan 23, 2006.

1. DanielCo

DanielCo LawnSite Member

I run a rapidly expanding lawn care business in Sydney, Australia.

I was hoping you guys could tell me what type of vehicle lawn care salesmen are driving over there.

Are they driving commercial vehicles, or more the family sedans?
  2. The Ranger

The Ranger LawnSite Member
    from NE Ohio

a vanderbrink carver
  3. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

TGLC the sale guys get a vehicle allowance and can run whatever they want. Most use family cars....No real need for them to have a bigtruck, especialy if they want to take a client or two out to lunch.....Plus it would be easier on the insurance and fuel costs as well
  4. garydale

garydale LawnSite Senior Member

I recommend the small high milage toyota,nissan etc.
    We are required to have the vehicle marked with ID,lic. number,phone number etc.
  5. TurfProSTL

TurfProSTL LawnSite Senior Member

I like company pickups done with the company's logo.

Seems like prospects perceive it that the salesman might just be more than a salesman..... maybe that he does some of the work, too. Perceived expertise.
  6. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Well here is what i drive well i used to until i got rear ended and it might be totaled. Well it has a laptop with stand police style with a converter to run the printer and laptop printer is custom installed in trunk with a pull out file cabinet,
  7. MarcSmith

Nice set up, but it could probaly do without the bling wheels. They do look good IMO, but don't always want to be too flashy around the customers.
  8. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Oh i agreed with ya until i had bent a stock rim on the car on a construction site and couldn't justify buying a new steel wheel and hub Buick cap with it also needing 4 new tires i decided it was cheaper to put the rims on. Not to mention its a Buick. Also are you going to trust your multi million dollar property with someone that shows no sign off success. But thats just me?
  9. MarcSmith

I can feel your pain on GM prices as well.....and I have familly in GM....I wont even go there....

No offense inteded BTW. It does look better than the 6 year old Toyota Tacoma I drove for TGLC....
  10. TScapes

TScapes LawnSite Senior Member

Years ago when I was with Chemlawn, the sales reps drove basic white "salesman" cars. I called them that b/c you always see these type of cars driven by insurance people and the likes. Later, like Marc said, when I went to work for TGLC, we had vehicle allowances, so you could drive whatever you wanted. However, all of the sales people had white cars, trucks, etc.