1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lawn Care Software

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by aird208, Feb 1, 2009.

Which Lawn Care Software Do You Use?

1. Gopher

22 vote(s)
  2. Grounds Keeper Pro

15 vote(s)
  3. Other, if so please say which.

31 vote(s)
  1. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

We tried Q-X press but didn't like it. Switched to Hindsight and love it! Little more $$ but much less time and headaches to be up and running and every time I ask can it do this the answer is always yes.
  2. meicher806

meicher806 LawnSite Senior Member

I had GKP upgraded to quick books last year, sold the company to my dad (x wife reasons i still call the shots with a little guidance :rolleyes:) we upgraded this week to quick books contractor w/ payroll. Its going to be so nice being able to do payroll almost hassle free..
  3. kmclawn

kmclawn LawnSite Member

I use Groundskeeper Pro and it works for me. I do use Peachtree to keep the actual bank balances.
  4. IMAGE

IMAGE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

5. aird208

aird208 LawnSite Member

hey thanks for everyone's replies. Thinking that I might just try quickbooks contractor this year...
  6. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

With Quick Books do you have to repurchase every year?
  7. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

Quickbooks is an accounting software package not a Lawn care software package. Quickbooks is used for all types of businesses and you can purchase it for a couple hundred bucks. We were using the 03 version until the start of this year and just did upgrade.

A lawn care software package would be more like Gopher or Hindsight or Clip. These are software programs that were designed for the industry. QXpress like quick books is a general software package that was designed for many different types of business more specifically service industry businesses.
  8. EagleGrounds

EagleGrounds LawnSite Senior Member

Ive been using Grounds Keeper Pro, but ive been thinking of switching to QuickBooks, as it can do more than GKP!
  9. Black Bear

Black Bear LawnSite Member

Does anyone out there know how i can get ahold of Hindisght, that's a new one i have not heard of?
  10. merrimacmill

merrimacmill LawnSite Senior Member

I've tried gopher, didn't like it. Tried lawnpro, didn't like it either. Set up kind of odd for me. Now I'm using quick books, but there is no scheduling and routing, etc. So I'm thinking of changing to groundskeeper pro.