Lawn care software

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by newton1207, Jan 29, 2012.

1. newton1207

newton1207 LawnSite Member

I need help trying to figure out what is a good lawn care software with a gentle price. I found a software called lawn pro and i am wondering if it is the best rout to go. Any help is much appreciated.

2. FLC2000

FLC2000 LawnSite Bronze Member

try gopher. Its basic and easy on the wallet. Its a good software to start out with. It does scheduling and invoicing. Thats all someone needs to start out with.

3. newton1207

Thankyou for the help the gopher software it will be.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. gardenkeeper88

gardenkeeper88 LawnSite Senior Member

I like QXpress it's better than Gopher. New update coming out in about 6 weeks Gopher has not updated for years. Just for scheduleing "getJobber" is good too.

5. stockie

stockie LawnSite Member

so how is gopher workin?

6. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

Where did you hear 6 weeks. I was told they were still taking recommendations on what to improve. They haven't updated in over a year and said it would be quite a while for a new update this year, if at all.

I called and asked.

7. newton1207

It's not to bad I was using lawn pro but this is pretty neat for all I need it for thank y'all for the help.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

we were going to check out lawn pro. was hoping to get good reviews on that from you guys.gopher is out of the question, as well as clip and qxpress.

9. newton1207

Honestly u might like it alot it just cost more than I wanted to spend but check out the free version it is pretty neat and user friendly
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

As a long time user of Lawn Pro, I'd have to (finally) suggest otherwise. One thing I've noted over the years is anything needs to have good customer support. It's critical without it. We've recently updated to LP4, specifically for the multi computer use and remote access. I've had a few problems and I've had the most difficult time getting someone from LP to give me assistance. I've already begun the hunt for another program. We'll probably continue to suffer through LP for this season, but I'm sure we'll have something different next season. I've heard good things about:

http://www.customizedbusinesssoftware.com/

I'll post more about LP4 later.