Lawn care software

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by newton1207, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Service autopilot offers a lot. The more you want/need, the more you pay. It is cloud based only, a little concern to me. They do seem to have great customer service though.
  2. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

dontknow, we dont have actual scheduling software:hammerhead: dont ask!!!

we use QB too for accounting, like so many do.
  3. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

you know, you are right. what is the cost? we want the ability to put in on up to 4 comps as well, this i know is capable with LP. i only hear good things about service auto pilot though, so........
  4. askarvelis

askarvelis LawnSite Member

Gopher is a complete joke. I just bought it and it has no help menus on my computer. Now I had to buy a new computer and I cant back up my wont do it. I spent over 40hrs setting it up and now everything is lost. What a ******* waste of $200 bucks and my valuable time. I guess I will pay my accountant to set up my quickbooks and spend another 250.00 for software. Thanks Gopher!!!
  5. askarvelis

askarvelis LawnSite Member

Dont use backup and extremely slow support if any
  6. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

I checked out Gopher way back in the beginning and ended up going with LP. Well it's now a few years later and I'm needing a change. I think it really boils down to if you're going to end up being serious about it, you're eventually going to have to spend the money. I appreciate the "entry level" software in the beginning, especially when you don't know what you have a need of. I think next season, we will be looking into billmasternow.
    I've heard good things about them. Especially the fact that they can tailor fit it to YOUR needs. It's up there in price with the others but like I said, if you're going to get serious about it, the expenditures going to come one way or another.
    Unless you want to use spreadsheets and shoe boxes that is.
  7. normanm4

normanm4 LawnSite Member

There is a new developing software called lawn aid. You can find it at . I've messed with it a little bit and its off to a decent start, not perfect, nothing is. Service Auto Pilot is seems pricey to me but looks very complete.
  8. stockie

stockie LawnSite Member

Lawnaids website looked reel nice. I had a question and called the phone number several times with no answer. I sent two or three messages thru their website and almost a week later, still no reply. It looks real nice, but that means noticing when you need support
  9. Fritz0

Fritz0 LawnSite Member

Lawnpro and lawnaid are the same company. Don't be sorry if you order this and you have no support. Google Lawnpro and Lawnaid and hopefully you will make the right decision.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. wildstarblazer

wildstarblazer LawnSite Senior Member

quickbooks simple start is free for 20 customers and then you pay when you need more than 20. Not so expensive for basic. I don't know why anyone really needs scheduling software anyway. I just write down what I did each day on a planner and go back a week or 2 and see who's due again. Why spend all your time inputting data in a software? Then it rains and throws your whole schedule off and etc.. JMO..

P.s. I had lawn pro software years ago and it was not user friendly or helpful, plus I think they put some kind of spyware in as well. My anti virus software would always flag it when I ran it.