Lawn care software

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by LCME, Aug 11, 2004.

1. LCME

LCME LawnSite Senior Member

I installed the GroundsKeeper software demo. I only have 6 customers but I may have a few more soon. Demo only works with 5 customers. Software looks OK to me. Just wondering if anyone has comments in regards to GroundsKeeper or other software for a new lawn care business. Thanks in advance.

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I have always just stuck with Quickbooks...I have before looked into other software, and who knows, maybe I will switch sometime in the future. I would love to use RealGreen, but the price that they charge for it is TOO MUCH

3. LCME

Thanks tiedeman I will look into Quickbooks too. Does anyone have opinion in regards to ServiceCEO software?.

4. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

i like and use gopher 2003, they're a sponsor here, they provide great support and offer a free 30 day trial with the program

5. LCME

I attempted to install Gopher software. Once I got the email with my code to download the software I could not get the download to work. I was probably doing it wrong. So, I got lazy and passed the opportunity to review. I will contact Gopher soon with my demo download problem. Thanks for the information BSDeality.

6. Four C. Landscaping

Four C. Landscaping LawnSite Member

I have been using Gopher 2003 free 30 day trial for the month of august. I like it and am thinking of buying it.I did try grounds keeper but not for the full trial because I accidentally deleted it.Dumb ass.I may try it again.

7. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I just use microsoft money 2003 business edition for my book keeping.

I only have 50 accounts, so routes, and employees is all stored in my head.

Trevor

8. Aleman

Aleman LawnSite Member

I use GroundsKeeper Pro and so far it works great... I recommend it...

9. LCME

Well I finally got the Gopher software installed. Works great. The first thing I liked about Gopher is you can add more than 5 customers. GroundsKeeper limits me to 5 customers. I got 8 customers. Will demo Gopher for the month. Thanks for the info. on Gopher.

10. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi LCME,

I am happy you were able to download Gopher and get it working!

Thanks all for the positive comments too :)