lawn care truck of the future?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by mower&more1986, Jan 23, 2008.

1. mower&more1986

mower&more1986 LawnSite Senior Member

2. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Ya can buy em new for aeound $4500 but cannot register them and run them on the road. 2-3 or 4 cylinders

3. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Go Pats!!!

4. dave k

dave k LawnSite Bronze Member

Go Giants!!!!!!

5. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Go commercials...

6. fastcat

fastcat LawnSite Senior Member

go nip slip

7. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

AI is right...those are not street legal...they are designed to be used for in house maintenance crews for resorts, golf courses, etc.

And GO BRUINS! GO PATS! GO CELTICS! GO SOX! and...YANKEES SUCK!!!!!

8. barefeetny

barefeetny LawnSite Senior Member

speaking of football

did anyone hear them talking about the grass at lambeou feild?

a mix of real grass and synthetic fibers layed over a heated surface...

wonder how you mix the two together....

have to google it later

i would cruise one of those if it was street legal, but only if i could get it in jets green

Nate

9. Pup'nIrn

Pup'nIrn LawnSite Member

Hey Guys.... I am new here and was researching the use of mini trucks for lawn work. The truth is that in many states, the truck can be modified to be a legal street machine relatively cheap. I am in Mississippi and have seen and talked with the owners of these trucks. They are getting 55 miles to the gallon on average and were street legal for less than $500 extra. I was considering a truck like this to start with a modified rear (racks and ramp for small mower). Pup

10. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

I have 3 of em. I think the reason they are not street legal has to do mostly with with crash testing and occupant safety.

the ones I have are Vantage Extra cabs, with a dump bed. ($15K) keep in mind that parts avail is limited, and parts can take some time to get.

http://www.vantagevehicles.com/

capcity is 1500# and if you are larger than 5-10 and 200 lbs, you will need to grease yourself up to get into/out-of these trucks.

Other than one of me guy hitting a stump and braking the radiator and tanking the engine no problems. took 2 weeks to get a new engine. and they shipped an entire engine, complete with starter, water pump, alternator, belts, ect. it was pretty amazing.

if you look around on the net, there are companies that ship entire containers of these vehicles. Ie you get get 5-6 of these trucks for about $20K all used...and variety of brands.