1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lawn care trucks

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by James Cormier, Feb 24, 2008.

1. James Cormier

James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

Okay lets see you fert & squirt trucks!

Im thinking of changing my system, which is a enclosed trailer pulled behind my truck with a cap.

I like my trailer because I can load a pallet of fert in the back, the PG goes in an out of the side door, and I carry 4 plastic jugs for holding water ( 5 gal each ) to fill the PG. All my tip & pours are in a plastic container that just sits on the floor. I back the trailer into the shop at night, disconnect and drive the truck home. After pulling a trailer for 7 years now I am getting a little sick of it.

Last season I bought the rack for carrying the PG off the back of the truck, which forces me to load the truck bed with fert and my other stuff. Seeing its a 6 foot bed it gets kinda tight. I do this when no chance of rain and if I am traveling far. I like this way, mostly because I am no longer pulling a trailer.

So share some photo's of your set up, and tell me what you like and dislike about it. I will post up some photo's of what I think would be the perfect set up later in the thread. Here are some of my photo's

Truck before the cap

2. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

The grass looks green for this time of year.:waving:
  3. Greg Amann

Greg Amann LawnSite Member

Here is the truck stand alone.

And here is a not so good pic (poor lighting) of the complete rig.

This rig and setup is for heavier volumes than the PG puts out. So, larger amounts of water are needed. The tank seen on the truck hold 600 gallons of water. We also have a 200 gallon bulk liquid fertilizer tank that is within the boxes right behind the cab of the truck.
  4. crazy4green

crazy4green LawnSite Member

heres my system

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Crazy4Green, What's the name of your company?
  6. crazy4green

crazy4green LawnSite Member

apex green
  7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Cool deal. I'll keep an eye out for you. Maybe we can meet up for lunch or something sometime. I always enjoy meeting and socializing with more people who know their stuff (which I can tell you do from some of your past posts). I didn't know anyone else around (besides Scotts) had that type of setup. I know the truck in the pic is one of Rodney's, and he was the first in the are to have a setup like that (now he has close to 20 lol). But if you're running that same setup, I'm sure you have found that that is a nice outfit. I've looked at them myself, but man, they are kind of pricey - nice though. Contact me sometime if you like, and maybe we'll do breakfast sometime, and swap war stories.:) Didn't you have a larger truck also, like a 4500 size?
  8. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

I don't think I will post a pick of my Chevy S-10 with eight foot bed and puny open trailer with broadcast spreader and 4 gallon back pack sprayers. Oh yeah, the monkey grinder too.

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Damn! I want to see it!:laugh:
  10. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

I can't afford a camera. :rolleyes: