1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lawn Care Virginia Beach

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by cmras24, Jan 7, 2007.

1. cmras24

cmras24 LawnSite Member

Just wondering if anyone has any lawn care work or accounts they want to get rid of in the Virginia Beach, Norfolk area. Thanks.
  2. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

I am focusing on VA Beach this year. So if i get anything from the other cities i can send them your way. What type of services do you offer.

If you are ever need curb side leaf removal i can take care of that. I have a leaf loader and box trailer.
  3. cmras24

cmras24 LawnSite Member

Lawn care cutting, fert, weeding, planting, mulch, topsoil the basics, I want to build my lawn clients, I have been in landscaping for 25 years, I also would like lawn accounts in Norfolk. I currently have 11 in Norfolk, 9 in Va beach, need about 20-25 more. 2 years ago I had 80 but decided to part the business out. Trying full time again. My son is 15 and is a great lawn maint person, he is better than anyone that I have ever hired. He wats to take over the business. Thanks
  4. cmras24

cmras24 LawnSite Member

Oh by the way I love your team helmet, COWBOYS, I hope Romo can recover next season.
  5. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

Why did you part the business out with 80 accounts in our area. This area pays real well for landscaping and lawncare. I can't imagine you giving up the business unless you didn't charge enough or you had family problems.
  6. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

Oh the rise and fall of Romo....
  7. cmras24

cmras24 LawnSite Member

Yes I moved back to NJ fo a short time when my father was sick.
  8. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

I hope he's better now. I'd never give up my business, the pay is incredible man. You treat people the right way and the referrals will fly your way. I work for three builders and the jobs just keep coming. I have eleven trees to plant at the next job along with several bushes. I saw an add in the classifieds advertising top quality mulch for 10.50 a yard. Pretty low.
  9. tpauls

tpauls LawnSite Member