lawn contract

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chefdrp, Feb 17, 2006.

1. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

How does this look for a contract? I sorta used one from another cutter and made it fit for my company.

Name ______________________________ Phone ___________________
    Street Address_______________________________________________________
    Billing Address _______________________________________________________

Agreement for Lawn Care Maintenance

Service Agreement

Lawn service is to be provided at a minimum of once per week on a scheduled day during the growing season. The number of cuts per week and the day of service will be at the discretion of DRP Mowing. In the event of inclement weather, the services provided will be scheduled for the next available day. Lawn service will include mowing all turf areas, trimming all turf areas inaccessible to mower with line trimmer, edging all walkways and driveways, and blowing all resulting clippings off of hard surfaces (driveways, walkways, etc.) with a power blower. The cost for this service will be $ ________ per cut. This agreement shall commence upon receipt and continue thereafter as long as both parties are satisfied.
    Spring clean-up is a mandatory service and is billed separately at additional cost.

Additional services may be provided as needed at customer request.

Notes To Service Agreement

If you are not satisfied with the level of service you are being provided, please notify DRP Mowing immediately so that we can correct this in a timely manner. DRP Mowing strives to complete work in a reputable manner each and every visit.

If a dog is kept on the property, customer must have lawn free of pet droppings when contractor is scheduled to service lawn, or customer will be charged a $5 equipment clean-up fee per visit.

The customer is responsible for making sure lawn is free of all litter and foreign debris. If property is not free of such items, a surcharge may apply for their removal. Items such as small sticks, branches, etc. will be picked up by DRP Mowing.

DRP Mowing is not responsible for any damage of items left on turf areas and/or malfunctioning sprinkler heads.

There is no obligation for either party to continue service. Either party may terminate this agreement by serving a 14-day written notice.

DRP Mowing shall submit invoices by the 5th of each month for services rendered during the previous month. No payment shall be taken during time of service. Payments are due no later than the 20th of each month. Any accounts thirty days past due will be charged a finance charge of $10 per month. Any bill not receiving full payment within thirty days shall be considered delinquent. All services will be temporarily stopped on any delinquent account until full payment for services rendered has been received. In the event of default, the client agrees to reimburse DRP Mowing all administrative costs, collection costs, attorney fees, recording fees and/or court costs.

Customer Signature: ________________________ Date: __________________

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you!

Here is a letter going out with the contract to kinda explain a few things.

Attention Customers!

It’s time to start thinking about Spring 2006. I am anxious to get back to work maintaining your yard. In the past DRP Mowing has not required a service contract. However, due to company growth and demand, a contract will now be required for service. There are not too many changes to the agreements that I already have with you. However, there are a few changes that I would like to address more specifically.

“Lawn service is to be provided at a minimum of once per week on a scheduled day during the growing season.” Depending on weather, lawns sometimes grow slower or faster. If your lawn actually requires two cuts per week and I only cut it once, the next week’s cut is twice as hard. If this problem arises, your lawn will be cut again at my discretion. You know I am an honorable person and therefore should know that this will be done only if absolutely necessary.
    Also note that the day of the cut will be determined by myself. I have tried to accommodate everyone in the past and will continue to do so. However, I cannot make any guarantees due to a tight schedule and the fact that the weather controls when I can mow.

“Additional Services” include anything that is not basic mowing services which are described in the first paragraph. This may include fall clean-ups, landscaping services, and a variety of additional maintenance services. These items will be billed separately. Spring clean-up is a mandatory service since your lawn needs to be sufficiently clear for me to work. The cost will depend on the amount of work needed, as it always has been. This is not something that has changed, it’s just now in writing.

“If a dog is kept on the property, customer must have lawn free of pet dropping when contractor is scheduled to service lawn, or customer will be charged a $5 equipment clean-up fee.” This has been a problem in the past. Not only does it take time to clean up this sort of mess, but it is rather unpleasant.

“Customer is responsible for making sure lawn is free of all litter and foreign debris…” This includes garbage, toys, cigarette butts, hoses, etc. Removal of these items is extra time that was not included in the estimate for your lawn care. Therefore a surcharge may apply. Items such as small sticks and branches I would normally take care of so I will continue to do so. If anything is left out and accidentally damaged, it is not the responsibility of DRP Mowing.

“No payment shall be taken during the time of service.” This is strictly for bookkeeping purposes and I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause some of you. However, it was very difficult to keep track of who was paying when and for what week. You don’t want to be overcharged just as I don’t want to not get paid.

I hope there are no major issues with this contract and I apologize for any inconveniences that it may have caused. However, service will not be rendered without it.

Other Notes:
    Service for Spring clean-ups will begin on or around March 1st, depending on weather conditions. However, no work will be done until your signed contract is received.

Also, to better serve you, I now am offering basic landscape services. These include but are not limited to installation and maintenance of plants, small trees, bushes, flowers, and mulch.

If you have any questions, please call me anytime at 499-8415. Thank you and I hope to be hearing from you soon! Think Spring!

Sincerely,
    Darrin Pocza, owner
    DRP Mowing

2. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

It sounds pretty good, but needs a VERY LITTLE bit of tweaking.

Also is mowing Twice a week a Standard pratice in your area? Weekly is the norm around here.

3. scagwildcat

scagwildcat LawnSite Senior Member
    from nw. ct.

sounds ok, but try to get rid of the I CANT MOW and I , used DRP instead, sounds better... and instead of saying the number of cuts per week, say the number of cut per month...... and instead of spring clean-up is mandatory ,i would say fall cleanup would be better as you can charge more,clients cant think that they can leave,
    debris on the ground all winter because hes going to clean it up in the spring, wet compacted leaves are not fun in the spring!!!!!! in your letter that you send them dont copy whats on your agreement just say this is needed to provide you with my service.. due to insurance regulation, in order to put in a claim god forbid some thing,
    were to happen it is needed as proof that i am providing my services to you.
    as far as charging for a garden hose left on the lawn, and toys, and poop.... good luck with that, remember, that it's their property, you cant tell them what to leave out on the lawn!!!!!! most people will not sign that... remember that you need to see this property before you bid right? so if you see a bunch of poop on it, charge more. dont say anything about extra charge , people dont like hidden costs....... what if the home owner is out cleaning his/her lawn everyday and he/she missed one, your going to charge extra because of it, if you dont want to get your mower dirty then dont mow lawns lol.. it happens.......... also check with you state office and see what you can or cant charge for late fees, in ct its 1.5%per 30 days 18% annum... i think that your on the right path, with little change, ever though i wrote alot, you will have a good solid agreement, sounds better then a contract too lol

4. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

"If you are not satisfied with the level of service you are being provided, please notify DRP Mowing immediately so that we can correct this in a timely manner. DRP Mowing strives to complete work in a reputable manner each and every visit."

Get rid of this IMO, it is impossible to define 'level of service'

5. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

i would also put in :

keep all children inside and pets contained while service is being performed .do not approach any employee while equipment is being used .

6. milo

milo LawnSite Bronze Member

fine.. easy to understand

7. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Christ Almighty - I am from South Dakota, and I mow in Iowa, and we do hand shakes here - our word is good. Feel sorry for you that you need that much wording to convince your clientel that you will actually show up on time.

8. firefightergw

firefightergw LawnSite Gold Member
    from Texas

You remember what Bob Sugar did in Jerry McGuire? j/k

9. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

First of all, who is bob sugar, and second of all who is jerry mcguire????