1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

lawn customer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Groundcover Solutions, Apr 21, 2001.

1. Groundcover Solutions

Groundcover Solutions LawnSite Bronze Member

how many of you are still getting lawn customers? how long into the season should i expect to receive customers? should i keep passing out flyers into the spring and summer?
  2. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

We get customers through out the season, but we have stopped with the flyers...
  3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I will steadly pick up new customers all year.
  4. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

all season here too, people become real lazy during summer. just my thoughts on that.
  5. Freetime

Freetime LawnSite Member

Yes sir, people get more ENVIROMENTALLY CHALLENGED as the temps go up. Keep putting out flyers until you do not have time to then you know you got enough work.

6. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

Being that no one has started cutting here yet, we can expect steady calls for another 3 weeks, there are the people that have decided prior to the season that they want service, so they have already called, or will in the next week, and then there are the ones that start out doing it, and decided their equipment is junk and dont want to buy new, so they hire us!! I like their idea:)
  7. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

You can expect calls throughout the season for one reason or another.

Maybe their current lawn service just up and quit, or they are tired of doing their lawn as the heat rises, or maybe they have become ill.

We have no advertisements out there at this time, and the calls continue to come in.
  8. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

ill go once around the block with midsummer
    callers,the problem ive found is they want to start mowing again themselves when indian summer comes. so they call me next year they get charged as if they are one time customer each time, the premium rate.