1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lawn cutting? What lawn cutting? MD folks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ProStreetCamaro, Jul 26, 2007.

1. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Uh yeah so its so dry here we are down to cutting about 25 to 30 lawns a week out of our 75. Honestly those ones that we are cutting we are just taking advantage of them because they dont really need cutting. We could take a 2 month vacation assuming we dont get any rain and none of them would need cutting in those 2 months thats how bad it is here.

Pray for some rain for us MD guys because a couple more months like this and we are out of business after over 20+ years in business.
  2. razor1

razor1 LawnSite Bronze Member

You're not kidding. I find myself reading the classified ads more and more. :cry:
  3. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

That's awful...we had a few months like that here...but we finally got some rain. Hang in there you will get some rain.
  4. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

We've already been doing yard clean-ups just to post some money. Everytime storms come in they vanish i dont get it,you can see them coming in and then poof there gone ?? Its like they go around North and South of M.D. Were down to every 3 week mowing. Been cutting as high as possible but with no rain soon its over for the month of :cry: August. Storms are in sight everyday till monday. We desperatly need rain bad !
  5. ProStreetCamaro

Yeah you hit the nail on the head. The storms are coming right for us then BAM they either fizzle out or do the DC split and go north and south of MD. We have been cutting at 4" for the last month and a half and I think thats been our only saving grace so far. :cry:
  6. cutbetterthanyou

cutbetterthanyou LawnSite Bronze Member

Same on the eastern shore. The weather sucks in this part of maryland too. Have you guys seen many leaves starting to fall? I have a few yards that were covered this week. Not sure if i should just run over them with the bagger for the extra $, or leave them alone in fear that I will further damageing the yard. What are you guys doing?
  7. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry to hear it guys- In NH we've been double cutting 1/2 of our lawns this week- we have had a good amount of rain and the fert. is kicking in right now as well.

Sending the your way- looks like you should get some this weekend.
  8. ProStreetCamaro

Yeah I have seen some leaves falling around here. So far I have just been mowing across them like normal.
  9. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

Same thing here guys. The storm splits N and S with nothing to leave.

10. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Supposed to rain all weekend here in M.D. Friday to Sunday. I tell ya ive never wanted it to rain so bad. I'll Probably go play out in it , LOL