1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Lawn Doctor threaten law suit to local guy

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Ric, Jun 4, 2003.

1. lugnut#6

lugnut#6 LawnSite Senior Member

im in ocean springs, ms.
    what tourney?

2. ParksGuy

ParksGuy LawnSite Member

I like these signs if they wanna play rough.....

landmines.gif

3. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks for all the replies. Yes I did get a letter, which I had to sign for. Not certified just saying I received the letter. It was from their sale manager not a lawyer. The letter was addressed to me at YARD DOCTOR. They demanded that I not use the name LAWN DOCTOR it is copyrighted. I had my lawyer send back a reply, which stated I do not or do I plan to use the name LAWN DOCTOR.

Here in retirement Ville Fla. Gods waiting room, we have many retired lawyers including retired Federal Judges. Therefore I have received a lot of free legal advise from professionals. The general opinion is I have an 85% to 90% chance of winning a court case. No lawyer will tell you there is a 100% chance of winning any thing. They use terms like "you have very defendable case" or "you should prevail"

The local Lawn Doctor is a nice guy and I have been to his house and seen his set up (before). He even has a wash down water recovery for his walk behind unit. He gets medical insurance, Marketing, and tech support etc. Lawn Doctor uses a granular program for the most part, which is an excellence way to go. I will stay friendly with him. I consider this Threat a dead issue.

Thank to all for your concern.