Lawn Doctor wins the war

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Ric, Aug 7, 2003.

1. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

I posted here a while back that Lawn Doctor was taking legal action about my business name Yard Doctor Landscaping. No I was not trademarked; that should be the first lesson to you all.

I have advised my lawyer to response to there latest demands and that we will change our name. No, this is not an easy thing for me. 5 years in business and I have never advertised until this last year after I built the nursery. The only thing I advertise is the landscape install end of the business. No I will not lose customers because of a name change. However it is still a pain in the butt. It is just a case of corporate America killing the small business guy. We are no longer an industrial nation. We consume more than we produce and we are riding for a big fall.

Please give me some Ideas on a new name. I do Landscape installs and maintenance but also have pest and irrigation license.

2. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Ric,

Are you looking for an idea that is similiar so as not to shock your customers? How about Yard M.D.. It would keep the same theme.

3. Green Care

Green Care LawnSite Senior Member

How about Yard Pro!

4. GeorgiaGrassMan

GeorgiaGrassMan LawnSite Member

The Company Formerly Know as the Yard Doctor until the Lawn Doctor Sued Us.

Too long?

Seriously man - that sucks! I mean - was that really necessary?

5. Hometown Lawn Care

Hometown Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I HATE ALL OF THE MAJOR COMMERCIAL LAWN CARE BUSSINESSES!!!

-Chem Lawn
    -Yard Doctor
    -Perscription Lawn Services!!! (did work without my mother signing a contract and billed her, j*rks!!!)

They kill us, but sooon....

I will be a fortune 500 company and I will crush them....
    (lmao, in my dreams)

6. So do you want to toy with them now??

Yard Medic Landscaping, Lawn Medic Landscaping..........Same but not the same, it changed.

Now question is how do they have the ability to mess with you for yard doctor.

If you want I can change mine to Yard Doctor, and they wont make me change it.

7. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Fellows

If I wanted to mess with them I would keep my name. The reason I am caving is because they have more money than I. It is the old golden rule. Gold rules. I will let them have the sand box and I will play on the beach.

8. Trader Lawn and Landscape.

9. LawnJohn

LawnJohn LawnSite Member
    from Atlanta

Remedy Lawns ( a slogan would go great with the name)

LJ

10. Do your name change.

But did you ever try to get your local politician,news commentator, ect... everybody likes a story like this.

I know of a couple businesses that did go up against corporate America, some lost the battle, but won the war. In the downturn of an economy, their businesses are thriving like crazy. People love the David against Goliath story.