1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Lawn drip system

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by ByDesignCO, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

This sounds like two things to me, a soil management issue and a design issue. If unmanaged compaction was on the table, the design should have been adjusted to compensate. Proper design and installation is critical for SDI, particularly on turf.

2. ByDesignCO

ByDesignCO LawnSite Member

I think the cost of installing properly the system properly and preparing the ground might outweigh the initial water savings for putting in the system. Sounds like a pain in the butt, especially for the client that is always watching their $$$.

3. Tom Tom

Tom Tom LawnSite Bronze Member

yep, pia.

I've installed several in years past. Tilled in soil amendment. Scraped out 5" or so with bobcat, installed netafim grid, placed soil back. Lots of work

4. ByDesignCO

ByDesignCO LawnSite Member

I could see this style system being a much easier install on new construction.

5. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

6. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

This may be new to Netafin but engineered systems in Nevada have been doing above ground mounds and "green" fields for some time. I know that my family in Reno has been doing them since the late 90s
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

When I interviewed for a company in Delaware, They said they love putting them in...
    Explained how to do it" their way".

Seemed to much bringing in loam and having the right compaction perfect layers of sub soil blah blah blah..

Im pretty sure Green Monster has put in a few of those in the past.....