Lawn Duky

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Acute Cut, May 11, 2000.

1. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

I HAVE TO mow in the rain. No option. (Near Seattle-3-5 mo rain constantly). When i finish with a lawn and turn off the blades i get Mower duky. It is all the wet grass that doesnt bag and it splatters everywhere. Any ideas on how to stop this that i can do? (Not mowing in the rain is not an option-thanks though,hehe)

2. Keep the blades engaged until the machine is on the trailer. Then turn the blades off and let the crap end up on the floor of your trailer. Use a shovel and a bucket to clean up the trailer floor at the end of the day.

3. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I tried the blades spinning until I got on the trailer last week by accident. I don't know about you but my trailer ramp has a moderate slope and I remembered that I had my blades spinning when 1 blade put a 1/2 inch gash in to 3" angle. I don't have any suggestions for you other than be careful if you try the above suggestion. P.S. The Toro blade didn't even dent or bend.

4. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Lawn Duky eeeewwww!!!. Just ate and got to look at a lawn duky post:) I say take your lawn duky and shine it up real good......

5. Jason

Jason LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know about lawn duky, but I do know about dog duky. Yesterday while trimming around a bed with a string trimmer, I found a fresh land mine. The string hit it just right and sent a load of dog crap into my face. It was a very unpleasant experience to say the least. :)

6. Ssouth

Ssouth LawnSite Senior Member

I encounter this problem quite often. Most of my lawns are shaded and if i start early in the morning they are still wet with dew. I try to find one out of the way spot to disengage the blades while mowing ( may have to do this several times during one cut) When I'm finished cutting, I either rake it up and put it in a bag or blow it into overgrown areas. { Alot of my properties ajoin a wildlife refuge and I don't think the refuge minds a little wet grass under the fence} If you don't scrape your deck regularly try this it also helps. I spend a lot of time scraping my deck because I mulch. Hope this is a help<p>

7. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

Along the lines of Stone. Maybe put down a piece of plywood... keep blades going until on the wood. Turn them off to let the lawn terds fall on the board. You know the rest

8. Acute Cut

Hmmmm.... Plywood hugh? Maybe... I did one lawn today (in the rain of course) and a guy was pressure washing the driveway. I turned off the blades without thinking. oops. we both laughed. So the battle rages onward. I wonder if my new &quot;end all super vac/bag&quot; will solve this problem. I hope so. I cant wait. It is one week overdue already. 12 CUBIC FEET of grass! Wow! That is equal to a 56 gallon garbage can AND a 32 gallon can! Will be fun lifting when wet. Have fun yall and thanks for the input.

9. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Jason,<br>I don't advocate being &quot;shitfaced&quot; on the job - we work with dangerous equipment. But I do work along a body of water and I have been &quot;duckfaced&quot; before. Now I charge more for that so they get a larger - bill.

10. Acute Cut

Mow Ed:<br>Funny. Lame, but funny.<br>LOL