lawn edger and 21" walk behind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mmsd, Jan 29, 2006.

1. mmsd

mmsd LawnSite Member

just starting and looking for best lawn edger and 21" walk behind mower you suggestions are welcomed.

2. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

How much are you looking to spend?

3. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

We use Toro Proline 21's, I don't know if they are the best but one of ours is 7yrs old on the original motor. If you want a stick edger we have a Stihl FC75 but there are many companies that make them just find which brand you like best. If you are looking for a walkbehind edger check out Little Wonder.

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Honda mowers up here. Love them, and they are only homeowner ones!! when i need a new one ill be getting a commercial one, i can't imagine what that will be like! McClane (i think thats the name, someone back me up on that) edgers ive heard good things about.

5. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

What ever you do DON'T buy a jd js63c that was $600 for junk! If you want a stick edger which is what I use buy a Stihl fs110 it will cost around $400 but it is worth every penny!:waving:

6. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

We ran shindaiwa, switched last year to Stihl and love it, more power and built like a tank. As for a 21 in mower, I like the Toro Proline. Whatever you do buy commercial, better to have 1 mower you love for the next 6 years than to go through 3 or 4 pieces of junk and end up spending the same $$$.

7. ozd12005

ozd12005 LawnSite Senior Member

go with the craftaman 22" 7 hp for $240.00 and head over to menards and pick up a yard machines edger for $180.00

8. Gatewayuser

Is that a joke? Go ONLY with commercial equipment.

9. ozd12005

ozd12005 LawnSite Senior Member

No joke at all... my craftsman unit has done 28 - 35 yards per week with an average of 28 - 32 weeks of mowing for the past 2 seasons, I have only replaced the front tires and a belt ($35.00) and plan on using my now $275.00 mower for the third season. only problem with the mower is the small bag
    as for the edger I feel the need to have a walk behind and a stick and see no reason to invest $400.00 or more on a commercial walk behind unit when my yard machines unit for $189.00 has done a great job the last 2 seasons

10. Gatewayuser

What ever floats your boat. :waving: