Lawn Edger Recommendation

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by NewtoUSALawns, Apr 21, 2008.

1. NewtoUSALawns

NewtoUSALawns LawnSite Member

Hi

I need to purchase a lawn edger for edging about 300 LF of lawn.

Any recommendation for either electric or gas edger. I was thinking to buy electric edger (if they are good).

Thanks!

2. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

You would be far better off buying the lower end Echo 210 from Home Depot than going with an electric.

Its a couple of hundred bucks but it will outlast most of the homeowner stuff that you may have been looking at since it is entry level commercial and is powerful enough for your one lawn and probably powerful enough to use all day on many lawns.

I have a Shindi LE231 and it is only underpowered when the St. Augustine is super overgrown otherwise it has the power I need all day!

Good Luck and happy buying!

3. NewtoUSALawns

4. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, the PE-200 it has the 21cc engine.

Should be the ticket! If you like electric stuff, it is certainly more affordable but I just cannot imagine using it but I use my stuff all day on my scheduled work days.

5. Atlantic Lawn

Atlantic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Outer Banks NC

Gas is the only way to go.

6. Capemay Eagle

Capemay Eagle LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a SRM 210 and it is great. It is very light and has plenty of power. I would recommend it. I went back and got the Echo back pack 413T and I hate it. I wish I would have bought the Sthil BR550 like I wanted to in the first place.

7. NewtoUSALawns

Thanks!

Looks like I will buy gas edger. I appreciate your comments!