Lawn Edgers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DTCC, Feb 25, 2005.

1. DTCC

DTCC LawnSite Member

Looking for thoughts on what the best stick lawn edger is. I am looking into a Stihl FC 85 or FC 110 right now, but open to opinions about others any of you recommend. Does anyone use a Makita RBE 250 by chance? If so, what do you think.
  2. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

If you are going to get a Fc85 they are few and far between. Stihl has dicontinued the fc/fs 85 series of trimmers and edgers. I ordered on a couple of weeks ago, no dealer around me had one. The warehouse is empty and when the dealers are out they are gone. Its just making progress towards the 4 mix products. I know where a few are if you want an 85 series just pm me. I havent ever had any exp with Makita products
  3. ChadA

ChadA LawnSite Senior Member

I have a stihl fc 75 I bought used for $100. I works great. I would like to upgrade to more power though. I have always heard good things about stihl.
  4. KINGjosh

KINGjosh LawnSite Senior Member

I have the same edger and it does lack power, because it has a flex cable. Make sure you put grease on that flex cable at least once a year, or sooner depending how much you use it. I made that mistake.
  5. lonnie

lonnie LawnSite Senior Member

Get the 4-mix 110. Tons of power and you can change the heads on it to suit any other needs you might have.
  6. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I like the Stihl FC110 but the new Honda edger has my attention now.