Lawn edging/border machine-TrenchNEdge

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by eakern, Jul 21, 2005.

1. eakern

eakern LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

Has anyone used this machine ?

http://www.trenchnedge.com

I'm installing plastic as well as stone edging down in Georgia and was curious if anyone has tried this machine ?

Thanks

2. Markf

Markf LawnSite Senior Member

We have not used this particular brand. We have purchased the Brown Bed Edger 9 hp and I can't say enough about it. We are in and out with the edging. Allow us to get right to the mulching and not to mention the saving of the wear and tear on my back.
    Mark

P.S. This is one of those machines were you may not see your return on investment for awhile but your efficiency will skyrocket

3. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

I rented one last year to do some bed edging. Great tool. Fast too, when i was done with the bed edging job, I cam e home with it and edged all of my gardens before I returned it. Loved it!

4. eakern

eakern LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

Thanks for the feedback ! I rented a brown trenchmaster and had poor results. However, I think the belt was old or the machine broken ( not sure) I have heard good reviews about the Brown bedmaster so I'm inclined to believe I just rented a lemon. I'm hoping to find a local person who may have the Trench N Edge so that I can see it in operation. The ground in Georgia is hard red clay and I don't want to shell out money for something before I see it working. They don't have any distributors for the Trench N edge, so thanks again for the input !

5. Markf

Markf LawnSite Senior Member

Eakern,
    Call Brown directly in one of the Carolina's (forgot which one) Ask for the sales manager. I had a nice long talk with him (a good ole boy). Very helpful. He should be able to tell you who is the distributor for your area. Call the distributor and ask if he has any demo units near you. That is how I did it. I ended up buying a larger hp machine from another dealer only because the shop that had the demo had poor customer service. Also, make sure you have the correct attachment for clay soil. It is different than the attachment you would use in the northeast. Hope this helps.
    Mark