1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lawn Enforcement Property Services LLC

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by lawnenforcement2, Jan 21, 2008.

1. lawnenforcement2

lawnenforcement2 LawnSite Member

Started my business in April 2007 after a school teacher friend of mine approached me about taking over her business. Was working some other side jobs and hadn't't mowed anyone elses lawn since I was a kid. Did some research and developed a name based on my full time profession Law Enforcement and came up with Lawn Enforcement. Bought the business from her for 1000.00 which included a small trailer, two lawn mowers and 9 customers. By the end of the summer I had 35 customers, was installing sprinkler systems, small landscaping jobs and blowing out sprinkler systems. This small partime job has really taken off in the area I live in. I am now researching how I can make this a full time career and working my law enforcement job on the side. I have found that if you are reliable and do a good job the customers will roll right in despite the competition. I applied the motto " We protect and service your property" which was tied to my profession. Customers feel safer with law enforcement staff on their property and don't worry like they would by having some of these other crooked meth head fly by night companies. I am fortunate to have my bachelors degrees and substitute school teach during the slow winter months. I have been told by my father in law I will never make lots of money working for the other guy and now truly believe his philosphy. If you set your mind to something it will all work out and you will be as successful as you truly desire. Lawn Enforcement continues to grow and we are now turning away work as we have become so busy with no advertising other than word of mouth. I now look at our company as the one everyone and other companies are now competing against us and we are not competing against them. It all started with a small 1983 s-10 pick up, trailer, two mowers and 9 customers. Good luck to all those who are starting out.
  2. Daily Lawn/Landscape

Daily Lawn/Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Great Job! I sub out all my bushhog work to a now retired officer as of Feb. 2007. He does really well and no he is not of retirement age. He put his 20 yrs in on the force and now does bushhog work full time.
  3. RickR1818

RickR1818 LawnSite Senior Member

There is a company here in Indy that is also called "Lawn Enforcement".
  4. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

There is a bunch named that...what's your point?
  5. RickR1818

RickR1818 LawnSite Senior Member

My point was that he isn't the only one. He implied that he created that name.
  6. DaveinSWFL

DaveinSWFL LawnSite Member

I am a ex cop and started my business in SW Florida in August 2007, The Lawn Enforcers. I started from scratch and now have 3 commercial accounts and 73 residentials. I use the fact that I am prior L.E. and Military in all my advertising and when I speak to a potential customer. I definitely agree that the customer feels a sence of security knowing that I/ my crew is on their property. Just today I picked up 5 new accounts becaues a customer I service is satisfied with my services, but I was also told that they were happy to hear I am former L.E.. Use any advantage you have in this business to set yourself apart.
  7. Synergy Ground

Synergy Ground LawnSite Member
    from Zone 8

Been reading this site for months. "GRITS" always has the best replys. eep them coming.
  8. Synergy Ground

Synergy Ground LawnSite Member
    from Zone 8

Been reading this site for months. "GRITS" always has the best replys. Keep them coming.
  9. rsmith2

rsmith2 LawnSite Member

hi, also LE in NJ starting a landscaping business. Any advice or Business names/Logos?