1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lawn Equipment Service Technician Needs Help With Lawn

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Restrorob, Jun 21, 2005.

1. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Hi All,
    I own 1 1/2 acres of woods,I cleared about a 1/2 acre in the center for my mobile home. (I like the privacy) All I have now is mostly weeds and like pasture grass with a couple good patches of bahia. My plan is to install a small sprinkler system so I don't have to worry with dragging hoses around.
    I am thinking of putting some type of grass seed down because my back or budget will not allow me to re-sod.
    Now for the questions; What would be a good type grass for mid-western florida that would live ok during the winter months and in shady areas because I still have quite of few trees ? Is there a certain time of year to seed a lawn ? And I saved the hardest for last; What do I need to do as far as ground preparation (With the weeds and old grass) ?
    After seeing the thread (Homeowners,Show some stripes) It has inspired me to try to make my yard nicer !!!
    Any and All feedback would be Greatly Appreciated.