Lawn Equiptment lost/stolen

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by polodogg1, Sep 27, 2007.

1. polodogg1

polodogg1 LawnSite Member
    from Tampa

Hello everyone out there. I need some legal advice. I let a friend whom is also a landscaper borrow my gear,(Torro 48" ZTR, Sthil Edger, Blower, Weed Wacker, along with trailer), he says that some one stole his truck with my trailer attached. I lost almost $10,000 in investment, anyone have some advice? We are in Tampa, Fl.
  2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

is there a police report?
  3. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Nothing I hate more than a thief!

Provided he has insurance it shouldnt be a problem, but knowing how insurance companies like you wiggle out of paying anytime they can you could be in trouble. The main problem is his insurance company is going to argue the equipment is not his and say that your equipment should be covered by your insurance.

The worst luck happens if you let people use your equipment.
  4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I am sorry this is probably not what you want to hear but it's all I know and that's an awful fishy story.

Maybe drive past his house sometime unannounced, probably if he's smart you won't see much, but if even his truck is there or you see anything else... Maybe bring a digicam along that has a flash, just in case. And if you see something then I'd be for contacting an attorney. Bit of a shot, but I'd do it, more than once even, drive past at various times of the day and night.

Now from here on out my advice is don't ever loan out what is yours, friends like these are a dime a dozen.
    That's just horsecrap, hey yo I'm like real sorry you know but huhuhu someone done took off with'it gee life sux...
    Yeah, the ONE time it gets loaned to someone it disappears, no other time but then.
    Not saying it absolutely couldn't happen but with these odds someone gimme a break.

Sorry man, but a true friend would've offered to replace it.
  5. GradeMan

GradeMan LawnSite Member
    from canada

:hammerhead: What the hell? Bummer well I hope he's a good friend. If I borrowed something broke it, lost it, etc... I would replace it. Would you do the same:confused:
  6. razor1

razor1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I must agree w/Topsites, very suspicious. :nono: Did he get his truck back? Can you post any pics, someone on here may have seen something.
  7. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with topsites, and GradeMan.

Any Way you can get us
    Plate #?

Plate #
    Do we need more info on the trailer, anything that would distinguish it.

File Police Report or Contact them ASAP

Any Info on when the setup went "missing"

All information will help
  8. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Gimme a description of the trailer or a pic if you have one, I will keep an eye out.
  9. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

I am of no help looking but . . . posting the info listed above will help the People in your area and surronding areas
  10. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

He's the guy over "Major hardware error"

They're in charge of "Private files"