lawn estimates

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by A+ Lawncare, Apr 15, 2005.

1. A+ Lawncare

A+ Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i'm fairly new to the buiz and have came up w/a price guide, wondering if any1 else has done a similar thing and if they'de share those? or if any1 can & wants to post a few thoughts on mine.... payup payup

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY (Including mow, trim, and blow)

1/8 acre: $20
    1/4 acre: $25
    3/8 acre: $30
    1/2 acre: $35
    5/8 acre: $40
    3/4 acre: $45
    7/8 acre: $50
    1 acre: $55
    Over 1 acre: $55 per acre + $20 for each additional acre.
    Example: 3 acre lawn would cost $95.

These are only estimated rates. Your quote may be higher or lower depending on the amount of obstacles and time involved.

COMMERCIAL PROPERTY (Including mow, trim, and blow)

1/8 acre: $30
    1/4 acre: $35
    3/8 acre: $40
    1/2 acre: $45
    5/8 acre: $50
    3/4 acre: $55
    7/8 acre: $60
    1 acre: $65
    Over 1 acre: $65 per acre + $20 for each additional acre
    Example:3 acre lawn would cost $105.

Size Chart-

1/8 acre= 5,445 square feet
    ¼ acre= 10,890 square feet
    3/8 acre= 16,335 square feet
    ½ acre= 21,780 square feet
    5/8 acre= 27,225 square feet
    ¾ acre= 32,670 square feet
    7/8 acre= 38,115 square feet
    1 acre= 43,560 square feet

2. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

The prices look decent, but there are other things to take into consideration. Such as amount of trimming, location ect. JMO

3. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

I think you need to add a little more to your additional acre charge. What is the going rate for 3 acre lot in King George?

4. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 LawnSite Senior Member

IMO, they look a little low

5. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Low,? I think they are pretty close to going rate. If you can get the going rate anymore. But yes there are more things to consider, trimming any other obsticals, bagged or just mulch etc. Good luck :waving:

6. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC LawnSite Senior Member

For your over 1 acre adding $20, I would at least add half of the acre cost. If it was $50 an acre, I would charge $75 for each addition acre. But I only have 5 properties over 1 acre so I am not to worried about it. I just charge double my acre price, triple my acre price, quadruple my acre price and so on and so forth.

7. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

very low. i'm gettin $35 on 7-8k.

8. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

In my experiance here in Maryland (montgomery county) you would be lucky to get any business with those prices. For an acre we charge roughly $35. What we do when we give an estimate we try and get $1.50 per minute. Now on the larger lawns we cant do that or we wouldnt get any of them. An average acre lawn I can cut, trim and blow in under 20 minutes by myself. We have a couple 2 acre lawns and we charge them $50 per cut. Any more than that they would get Juan, Julio, and Chaves down the street to do the 2 acres for $35. Thats the nature of the business.

9. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

Seems low to me. 1/4 acre you should be getting 40 bucks. Dont forget to add in trimming.

Also you need a minimum and 20 bucks wont cut it. Gas should be over 3 a gallon by summer. You wont be making any money.

10. A+ Lawncare

A+ Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

$20 won't cut for an drop gate? whats every1 going rate for drop gate (smallest lawn possible, what'de you least consider doing a job for)