Lawn Flyers

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by DK lawn care, Apr 13, 2008.

1. DK lawn care

DK lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

My local newspaper passed out 5,000 flyers out last thursday. So far i havent gotten any reponses from the flyers. Is this normal? Do you guys think ill get more calls towards the end of the month? Or do you guys think i waited to long to pass out the flyers?

2. THRIFTY

THRIFTY LawnSite Member
    from (913)

If you were in my area, you'd be too late. Are people in your area doing alot of cutting yet? I wouldn't panic though, I usually get the majority of my calls begining of the week. Also, people will hold on to your flyers longer than you'd expect. I'm still getting calls from people I passed out flyers to weeks ago. Good luck!

3. newtostone

newtostone LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

I am just about to do the same thing, around here we haven't gotten the first cut in yet and i think its prime time for people who are thinking to them selfs i gotta either go buy a new mower or call someone, thats my hope at least. I also think the weather the day they are received is pretty important (at least the few days around that)

I am sure you'll get some calls, best of luck with the upcoming season and keep us updated!

4. DK lawn care

Nope, no cutting. Spring clean ups just started. BTW, weve only had 2 or 3 warm days for april. The rest is still in the 40- 45 degrees. I hope i get some calls cause no calls from 5,000 flyers is pretty bad. BTW this is the flyer:

[​IMG]

5. THRIFTY

THRIFTY LawnSite Member
    from (913)

The flyer is decent, but why not put in "Spring Cleanups" instead of "Fall Cleanups" for you spring flyers? If the grass isn't being cut yet, you shouldn't be too late. Unless they are returning customers, in my area most of the people don't call until the grass is growing!

6. DK lawn care

Damn it must of been a typo error.

7. coif_kid

coif_kid LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

You don't have enough services listed and two of the services listed don't even apply to the current season. You need to offer more to generate more of a response.

In addition, it just feels average. I don't see anything really catchy or something that puts you ahead of the herd. Also, the paper isn't the best way to put out fliers in my opinion. Through the mail or door hangers are much more effective. I have never had stellar results with the paper as compared to the other methods of distributing fliers.

8. j05h22

j05h22 LawnSite Member

You don't have enough services listed and two of the services listed don't even apply to the current season. You need to offer more to generate more of a response.

In addition, it just feels average. I don't see anything really catchy or something that puts you ahead of the herd. Also, the paper isn't the best way to put out fliers in my opinion. Through the mail or door hangers are much more effective. I have never had stellar results with the paper as compared to the other methods of distributing fliers.

I agree, I passed out flyers last year that were plain jane like yours and i got very little response... Although people hold on to those flyers longer than one would think. I did get some nice signs made up however and got an overwhelming response.. try 3000doorhangers.com:cool2:

9. DK lawn care

j05h22, how many responses did you get back?

10. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Ohio

Were still doing stuff... We got calls coming in but not alot yet I think you will see some in a week or so