1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lawn Franchises

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Stinger, Jul 16, 2000.

1. Stinger

Stinger LawnSite Senior Member

Every time I flip through the pages of my favorite lawn mags I find ads for the oppertunity to join U.S. Lawns, Scotts Lawns or other franchises. When contacting their websites the details aren't real specific. Does anyone have knowledge about these oppertunities or any opinoins? I understand unfortinately that consildation is in the future for most of the green industry.<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: Stinger
  2. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

I contacted USLawns last year. Didnt see much point in coughing up roughly 35k in startup fees plus 15 per cent of my gross, just to use the name and &quot;pricing system&quot;. A name like Scotts, on the other hand, just might be worth its weight in gold.<p>Bill
  3. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

If you do an outstanding job, costumers will come to you because of your work and not your name. Look at Chemlawn, lots of people get their service, and lots more drop them.
  4. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

Full Maintenance Landscape Service - No.<p>Fertilize/Weed Control Service - Yes, I would. In fact if I didn't have my mowing/landscaping divisions, I would start a Fert/Weed business, but not without some &quot;front-office&quot; support, name recog, literature & operational system package.<p>