Lawn Grips?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jphag, Jan 30, 2008.

1. jphag

jphag LawnSite Member

Who uses them and are they worth the money?
  2. patterson

patterson LawnSite Member

Hi John,

I bought a pair last year and they were pretty good. I have a narrow foot and they were to wide and sloppy especially in the toe, for me. But that's just me. I went back to columbia hiking boots.
  3. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

I was wondering the same thing, and I'm not trying to hijack the post but if I can ask. What is suppose to make these shoes so special for us lawn boys?
  4. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

I bought the low profile lawn grips - very comfortable, grips the best on wet grass surfaces of any footwear I have had, grips well on wet, smooth concrete.
    The only drawback, aside from the price, is the shoe is wide on my foot. This feels odd but does not effect performance.
  5. macaw

macaw LawnSite Senior Member

Been wearing them for three years. It takes about 3 to 4 hours to brake them in
    very good traction and they last about 9 months to a year. A very comfortable work shoe.
  6. Tim's Lawn Care LLC.

Tim's Lawn Care LLC. LawnSite Member

Bought a pair last season and enjoyed the comfort...up to the day they started fallin apart. Seams are glued and began coming apart and letting moisture in.
    I liked them, too bad. I go bare foot now
  7. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i wear then for three year s now and really like them, but i wear the soles out to quick, have been talking with them about this and will post about it in the end so keeeeeeep and aeye

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Great boots ! They are comfortable and not to heavy like regular boots with steel toes. Well worth the money.
  9. jphag

jphag LawnSite Member

Thaks for the input. I have always worn sneakers but want something a little more professional looking. I want somthimg comfortable, durable and lightweight. Any suggestions? Keep them coming.
  10. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

I just bought a pair today at a Stihl dealer. I noticed what looked like shoe boxes but had Sthihl on the box. When I went to look it was lawngrips shoes but they have Stihl sown on the side. I guess Stihl thought they wanted a little piece of the pie.