1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lawn guy by day, lawn guy by night!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mr. Magpie, Jul 25, 2005.

1. Mr. Magpie

Mr. Magpie LawnSite Senior Member

My bro just finished handily whipping an upscale office building into shape from 10pm-1am. Installed a boat light on the mower, have headlamps for our heads. Icy cold working conditions for cutting hedges! Tough to see the overall look. Weedwacking is tough. Brother was falling asleep blowing. This is new for us, I hope it works out!

Anybody else have the balls to try this (or the insanity)??? This ain't just mowing a field....
  2. northwest lawn

northwest lawn LawnSite Member

me and my guys did a cracker barrel here. started at 10:30 pm when they closed and worked till around 2am. mowing, prunning, seems to go alot faster with no cars. and alot easier turned out well too
  3. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I thought about doing that. I have some convenience stores to do and I think they are well lighted so I may be able to do them at night. But really, this week is unusual as far as the heat goes. I'm just going to tough it out and drink water, use my big hat and take it a little slower.
  4. stuie

stuie LawnSite Member

Used to work late when i was at the airport and it closed at 11.Start at 12 and so easy no high traffic volumes No planes to run you down! :waving:
    I loved it.Seeing the sun come up was something real nice.
    Beats the heat for sure.
  5. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Did 2 car dealerships, a Famous Daves, and an auto repair place from 10 pm to 1 am last night.

I too like working at night, there's no one around to get in your way or worry about.