1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lawn guy keeps blowing grass on my lawn!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by S man, Jul 10, 2008.

1. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

It gets me soooo mad! A couple of guys who cut a lawn across the street from a lawn I cut always blows his grass across onto the curb of my lawn and it gets all over the nice egde I make every time. It looks like crap when some moron blows grass on the nice lawn you just cut. I keep missing this guy because I'm really gonna tell him something. I feel like telling the owner but I really don't want to cause anything. And to top it off this guy is my customers sister's father-in-law. :hammerhead: What should I do? I'm tired of this guy blowing his debris on my lawn and when I go to cut I have all this extra dead grass all in my edge I have to clean up.:angry:
  2. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

If you know his company name, address etc, you could send a letter just indicating the area )(the neighborhood or housing edition) that he mows in, that you're a resident there, and would appreciate it if he didn't blow the grass on your yard.
  3. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

or you could just blow it back onto the lawn HE mows! He'll soon enough get the hint. If anything else, explain it to the home owner.
  4. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

I would talk to the homeowner!!!
  5. after I cut a lawn, I could care less what happens, if the homeowner doesn't care I sure don't.

J.A.G LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

you need to get round up ice cubes and let the house he mows have it .....then tell the home owner that they need a new lawn man one who dosnot have a gas cap leak.......
  7. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Hmmm. Well I tried recently to blow the grass back over there but the woman was standing behind her screen door watching me. So I wasen't ready to start a war. I'm gonna check if they cut it yet and if the grass is there I will tell her. Because I just cut my yard so it should be very noticeable. Also the guy doing it has a beat up chevy with all the handhelds in the truck and a dixon pos rider and a snapper 21". Go figure.
  8. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

suck it up, lifes too short. And hope YOUR customer complains to the neighbor about THEIR Lco blowing the clippings onto your customers property. This way, you're not involved.
  9. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't feel bad man. Right next door to a place that I take care of there is an older than dirt LCO taking care of the next place using a POC John Deere LX105 tractor and an Echo SRM 210 (Home Depot special) with line only on one side and he make huge loops when he cuts into my customers yard.

We (me and my customer and the lady next door) had a meeting about this situation and she asked me for an estimate. I gave her one, of course I have not heard from her. I think I probably gave her a heart attack with my quote because that old guy cannot be getting more than $10 per cut for the 3 or 4 hours he is on site.

Anyway, he scalps the snot out of my customers yard and if he cuts after me he leaves huge piles of clippings all over my yard. Of course I don't leave a single one visible if I can help it and it really drives me nuts that he wrecks my work each week. I pick up all the flipping magnolia leaves since my mower wont chop them up small enough to make them disappear so I just walk around and pick them all up and he blows a ton back over from the other yard into my place.

I would like to knock him out but he is a nice old man and I actually showed him how to unclog his spark arrestor because his line trimmer was bogging so bad it would not spin at all and he was totally perplexed....:dizzy: HE thinks I am a rocket scientist.

Just kill them with kindness and hope for the best. Explain to your customer that you are leaving their property in perfect condition and the people across the street are screwing it up later that day for you. I would not keep silent about it, they may be thinking you are slacking when it is not you at all.
  10. lawn crafters

lawn crafters LawnSite Senior Member
    from RI

just mower your lawn the day after he does that one then it only looks bad for a day