1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lawn Help

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by RF1, Jul 24, 2005.

1. RF1

RF1 LawnSite Member

At the end of April I had floratan plugs installed in my Tampa bay, Fl lawn. I also had one of our big lawn maintenance companies fertilize our lawn once a month but I am going to cancel them because I am wasting my money with them. They have done nothing for the lawn, it is full of
    1. Crabgrass
    2. Broadleaf
    3. nutsedge.

Every time they spray for these I still have them so I rather do it myself.For the crabgrass I was given instructions how to take care of it using arm and hammer detergent with baking soda. To lightly dust the crabgrass using a 2 liter bottle w/ holes. Problem is my entire lawn a crabgrass about 11,000 sq. ft. Is there any other way of applying it maybe with a spreader?How do I treat the broadleaf and the nutsedge and how often? Also how often do I need to fertilize and what should I use considering the plugs still is getting established?

2. Are you a home owner looking for advice to use on your home lawn, or are you a commercial operation looking for tips on how to help your customers?