1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

lawn in critical condidtion

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by fishindude, Mar 22, 2007.

1. fishindude

fishindude LawnSite Member

My mother and father both fertilized their yard 2 days from each other by mistake. Now its turning brown and lawn is dying. Any suggestions?
  2. turfsolutions

turfsolutions LawnSite Senior Member

Water the heck out of it.
  3. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

And then water it some more
  4. mrkosar

mrkosar LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

possibly go to church this sunday and pray.

no seriously...water and pray, and then get ready to reseed.
  5. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

This is why homeowners should be banned from buying stuff like this.:hammerhead:
  6. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I am from Michigan. But may I ask? What type of grass? Was it liquid fertilizer? Dry? If so what type and analysis and what percent slow release? Any weed control in it? What type? How much was applied per 1000 sqft? Can you see streaks and stripes? What kind of spreader? What was temperature? Watered in?

Good quality fertilizers with some slow release, will not usually burn if over applied--unless extremely over applied.
    The damage is done. Excess water will not help--just keep it moist.
  7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Mom and dad, eh?......
  8. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

9. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

why? it generates more work for us!! they kill it and we go back and fix it!
  10. hmartin

hmartin LawnSite Senior Member

Is this a joke post? Maybe Houston is a lot warmer than Miss. Most of the warm season lawns in my area are pretty much dormant. Nitrogen on dormant grass is a waste of fertilizer, but you will have some nice looking weeds.
    If it is bermuda, I wouldn't worry at all.