lawn instalation

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by gmcplowtruck, Mar 14, 2007.

1. gmcplowtruck

gmcplowtruck LawnSite Member

done a few but just wondering what everyone else would charge for about a 60x60 lot including the house to grade maybe rock hound bring topsoil in seed and straw or manure
    just wondering what price range i should be in
    it is a 500,000 house but i would be working for the builder for a couple of them

2. ToroMaster

ToroMaster LawnSite Member
    from Neenah

I don't think you could fit a double wide on a 60 x 60 ft. lot. Is that metric or something?

3. gmcplowtruck

gmcplowtruck LawnSite Member

okay lets say 100x150

4. PSUturf

PSUturf LawnSite Senior Member

$1.50 per square yard plus cost of topsoil

5. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

6. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

I do all the yards the same weather it is a 30k or 900k home. To answer your question is tough. Location, location, and location. We dont know what you pay for top soil in your area and going rates for labor. It will vary on location.
    Mike

7. drumbo

drumbo LawnSite Senior Member

You aren't talking Sod are you?

8. PSUturf

Seeding - not sod. We actually get that much to finish grade, seed, fertilize, and mulch.

9. DZ Landscapes

DZ Landscapes LawnSite Member

WOW, I'm moving south about 70 miles! The average lawn here is about $ 1400.00 plus topsoil (about $ 350 per load, spread)

10. PSUturf

DZ - I think the average in Madison is only slightly more than in your area. The company I work for does very few jobs that are just lawn installs. Most of our lawn installs are part of larger commercial contracts. The price per square foot is a bit lower for these contracts but it is still above the average price.