lawn install, CT

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by atproperty, Sep 14, 2006.

1. atproperty

atproperty LawnSite Member

I have a 90 yard, 14,500 sq ft lawn install, 2" thick of soil. I am charging $3,150 for the soil including delivery. I am new to this. How much for labor? I was thinking of doubling the soil price. How long do you think it will take me?

2. Planet Landscaping

Planet Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

:weightlifter: Call us:weightlifter: ,Let a professional handle it:hammerhead: . Just kidding,If you need us call

3. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

I think your soil price is off...

4. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

buyin 90CY of topsoil will run about $3k w/ deliveries around here.

time table cannot be told with given details. Is it wide open? tight access? I've done jobs where I can only move about 20yds/day because of tight operating areas and flown through 100+ yd jobs because its WFO.

We need more info

5. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

WOW Thats expensive! 90 Yards around here would run $1800 delivered.

6. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

they call it black gold around here for a reason.

7. freddyc

freddyc LawnSite Senior Member

I'm up in Westfield Mass.

We have a composting place here (full cycle composting) that sends about 200-300 yards a week down to your area. They charge $16/yard if you pick it up here. Its real nice stuff....sounds like you end up paying about $30/yd for it in the end. SO for an hour and a halfs ride, doubling the cost. Too bad there wasn't a big conveyor belt between here and there!

8. Planet Landscaping

My cost is $18 @ yrd delivered in the area.:cool2:

9. atproperty

atproperty LawnSite Member

Thanks for the input gents! It is wide open. It is a horse paddock of a good customer of mine. The place where I am getting the soil contracts out the deliveries of soil. I was told $65 an hour. I figure that means approx. $65 a delivery. I do not know, but how much does a triaxle hold? I was assuming approx. 30 yards. What does $6,000 total sound like to you guys for bringing in 90 yard and leveling it? Too much, too little, or pretty good?

10. Planet Landscaping

Call Rocky Ridge Excavating, Tell em Planet sent ya. 18 yrds per triaxle load. Labor price??? First U must know all your costs, Truck,labor, Machines, ect:waving: