Lawn is getting burnt....

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by ripet, May 17, 2006.

1. ripet

ripet LawnSite Member

I have about one acer of lawn. I do have sprinkler system but it is getting many burnt spots by large 6-7feets circles. Sprinkler is working but when it's watering ,some how it is missing...?
    Is it really hard to adjust sprinkler head?
  2. JWTurfguy

JWTurfguy LawnSite Senior Member

No, it's not hard at all, actually. Usually, you can turn them yourself quite easily by hand (that's part of the reason they sometimes get out of adjustment).
  3. ripet

ripet LawnSite Member

Jw: Thanks for reply! Patches were getting really bad and worring me so,I called people who cut my glasses to come & check (since I am not confident, if I can do anything about it myself....).
    He thought the patches looked pretty bad & checkd all the head. He did adjust the heads and found 2bad heads also. We are going to have cooler rainy week from roday, so he is gonna wait & see if things got adjusted or not when hot weather returns.
    If worst comes, he thinks I may need bigger size head....
  4. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

get some soaker hose.

Its the best way to water when in drought conditions.
  5. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

If he knew what he was doing he would have run the ststem and adjusted it and run it and adjusted it.Can't you run it and look to see if it is covering the dry areas?I don't see why you would have a problem with that.Look ground level at it,you might get wet so what?
  6. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

SFL you don't want a hose lieing on the turf in hot weather at all.In a
    any weather really.