Lawn/Landscape Books.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Green Acres, Jan 8, 2001.

1. Green Acres

Green Acres LawnSite Senior Member

I'm still new to this and was wondering if there was any good books out there on Lawn and Landscape. Nothing will compare to this forum but thought a good book might help.

2. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

3. MJ

MJ LawnSite Senior Member

I had the same question so I did a Web Search for "Lawn Care". Lots of good sites to publications.

Mick

4. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

at books a million or barnes ask for a title "how to open & operate a home based landscaping business" by owne dell published by "the globe pequot press" 1994, $15.00.... very broad & covers many topics ..... from legal to sample bids ....

5. Vandora Lawn & Landscape

Vandora Lawn & Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

I've read that book. Its a handy reference.

6. Chip

Chip LawnSite Member

Has anyone read any of Phil Nilson's book's? I am very tempted to order a couple of them but the cheapo inside me doesn't like spending $40 or more for a book that I can't pick-up and page through first. I think I asked this question a long time ago when Phil used to post here regularly but never had any responses.

7. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

His labor time data handbook (the first and only one I actually bought) is well worth it, the rest of em, at least the three he let me pick out for free, were a huge disappointment. One I sold, one I gave away, the third one is being used to level the leg on my desk.

8. Hardy Enterprises

Hardy Enterprises LawnSite Member

Phil has some good books. The time labor handbook I use regularly. The other books I pick up occasionally and reread to refresh my memory and see if I can pick up any new tips.

Jay

9. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I just rec'd a book from an auction on e-bay titled
    Turfgrass management (fourth edition) A.J. Turgeon.
    Its 96.00 on Amazon, I got it for 1/3rd of that.

It is the most comprehensive text on managing turf that I have seen dealing with all aspects of turf. If you want to know your product then this is for you. And no I'm not a salesman.

10. Lance720

Lance720 LawnSite Member

Turfgrass Science and Managment (second edition) by Robert Emmons is also good.
    Lance