Lawn & Landscape Magazine

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bull_11, Feb 18, 2005.

1. Bull_11

Bull_11 LawnSite Member

I read someone mention Lawn & Landscape Magazine on this board and I was wondering if the magazine was useful or not. I'm looking to get into the lawn care business and I'm looking for literature about it to read up on. Is this magazine something I should check out?

Also, I went to their website, but was unable to find out how much their subscriptions were. I doubt I'd qualify for a free subscription since I don't run my own business, so I'd probably have to pay. Does anyone know what their rate is?

I performed a search, but wasn't able to find the information I was looking for. Thanks for any help!

Brian

2. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Should be easy to get a free subscription to any of these magazines. Just sign up as the business owner of "your business name" which is exactly what you are, they don't care if you are solo or a owner of a multi-million dollar a year enterprize. I'm solo and get more free magazines each month than I can look at!

Oh, almost forgot. the one drawback to free is the phone calls you will start receiving from the magazines to "renew your free subscription" as well as all the companies wanting you to buy postage meters for mail and wanting you to get a credit card machine. I hate telemarketers. Point is make sure to use your home phone number and not your cell phone like I did. Nothing more aggrivating than getting a call in the middle of mowing a lawn and it being some person that barley speaks english trying to get my subscription information for the 3rd time this year...

3. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Considering it's free, I'd say it's definitely worth getting.

There was some really great info in the most recent edition. They had the results of surveys that they did with homeowners and commercial customers. It was titled "What Your Customers Really Think".
    Some interesting stuff!

4. Green lawns

Green lawns LawnSite Member

Lawn and Landscape is a good magazine for our type of work. You can fill out their form on-line at their web-site to get your free subsciption. I think it will take 3 to 4 weeks for your first issue to arrive.

5. Bull_11

Bull_11 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info, guys! Any other publications you guys would recommend?

6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

L & L this month is jammed packed. That is starting to be the only magazine that offers really good solid information. All the others are just complete advertisement I feel.

Its also better than reading stuff with Mr. Cassidy in it. I just received their new "Tree Services" magazine and even David says, "I've been known to go off the deep end over such topics in my little editorials - you might find that amusing from time to time." Sorry David, I don't think it's amusing

7. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

8. RIVERRATT01

RIVERRATT01 LawnSite Member

THERE IS A SERVICE THE U.S GOVERMENT HAS .. WWW.DONOTCALL.GOV , GO THERE REGESTER YOUR PHONE NUMBERS.THAT WILL STOP THE TELEMARKETERS FROM BUGGING YOU. EVERYONE SHOULD DO THIS, CELL PHONES NUMBERS TOO..

9. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I get them all, and read none of them. They usually end up in the trash as soon as I get them. Mostly, they are advertisements and stuff geared toward the larger companies. Which does not interest me.

10. gogetter

gogetter Banned

What the hell are you talking about?????
    :confused: