Lawn leveling cost.

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by gulfjoe, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Yep and you will see more of it, especially in those seams. So moving forward what are the plans? I wouldn't let the builder roll dormant grass. No good will come of it.:usflag:

2. gulfjoe

gulfjoe LawnSite Bronze Member

I have been pulling it, and the grass has been coming out of dormancy with the day time temps in the 70's. they dont plan on rolling for another 2 weeks anyways. What would the damage be from rolling?

3. Patriot Services

Won't hurt the live grass. I highly doubt it will make a difference in the appearence.:usflag:

4. phillie

phillie LawnSite Senior Member

WOW, man I feel bad for ya. That is the worst sod job I have seen. Can you not contact the BBB? If nothing gets done I would put a huge sign in the yard saying "So and So Landscape sodded my lawn and now it looks worse than the moon" Take a pic of the lawn with the sign in it and send it to the landscape company. Make sure the sign is readable and the lawn shows these areas. If they care about their rep, they will do something. How do you even get those gaps in the sod like that? Did they not use staples? My suggestion is to bypass the builder and attack the landscape company. The builder obviously has no idea what hes talking about.

5. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

What would be wrong with lifting the sod and rake it smooth with some sandy loam, in the spots that really need it?

Is there any kind of warranty that will cause the scapers to redo, if this just up and dies? Which it sounds like this grass, just might do?

When you pull up the Lemon Grass; are there roots left behind? will 2 more pop up, for every one you pull? I don't have lemon grass up here, but I learned from thistles, that RU may be your best option... Is that true?? ... :)

6. Patriot Services

So what did you decide to do and how is it progressing?
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. gulfjoe

Having my irrigation installed next week and waiting till July 4th weekend to do the leveling. Going to have 6 yard or #1 brown sand dropped off. It's the closest thing I can find to river sand. Then I am going to scalp the yard. Then spread and level with push rooms. Then I will see how it turns out and probably spot treat from there.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. gulfjoe

As for the weeds I am glove treating with round up.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Hopefully your irrigation contractor is more competent than your sod contractor. :dizzy:

10. gulfjoe

This guy had an answer for all my questions and was very knowledgable about his products. He is also very busy so I am guessing that is a good sign. Side note I did not chops the sod guy.
    Posted via Mobile Device