Lawn maintenance co. software

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by Larson Lawn Care, Jan 23, 2013.

?

Which software do you recommend

1. Service Auto Pilot

20 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. Hindsite

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  3. Real Green

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  4. Gopher

12 vote(s)
    10.9%
  5. Jobber

15 vote(s)
    13.6%
  6. Qxpress

5 vote(s)
    4.5%
  7. Grounds keeper Pro

13 vote(s)
    11.8%
  8. Clip

6 vote(s)
    5.5%
  9. Lawn Aid

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  10. Arbor Gold

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Lawn Pro

12 vote(s)
    10.9%
  12. Other

24 vote(s)
    21.8%
  1. crslolbkr

crslolbkr LawnSite Member

There isn't anything that is specifically designed for business. I use my phone to send and receive email, schedule services with google calendars, and make data entries in google drive. I'm sure there is a program/service that is a better choice for an all in one solution but google and Office are free. Service Auto Pilot and Real Green seem like very complete solutions.

2. Eastonlc

Eastonlc LawnSite Member

Lawn Pro. Great program, easy to use and links with Quickbooks easily.

3. Purdukee

Purdukee LawnSite Member

BOSS software the only way to go !! Expensive !!

4. terrabites

terrabites LawnSite Member

I'm interested in this also. As I continue to grow, I can see the need for more functionality and I want to pick a solution that I can grow with...not something that works for now, but will make me want to switch to something more powerful/useful next season. The biggest thing for me is having all my customer data available for both mowing and chemical applications.....total lot size, total lawn area, total bermuda SF, total fescue SF, number and type of shrubs/bushes, distance from shop, inventory of chemicals tracking, reduce inventory as I make applications, etc, etc....

5. Larson Lawn Care

Larson Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Terrabites, you definitely offer more services than I do. An organized, efficient system is important for business operations. I can't imagine keeping track of chem/fert apps along with mowing without an automated system.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

pen and paper

7. IXINRGIXI

IXINRGIXI LawnSite Senior Member

intuit quickbooks

8. Larson Lawn Care

Larson Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I have used quickbooks since 2005, I tried lawn pro but gave up on that, then went with qxpress, they had bad customer service and just wanted more and more money. My choices are narrowed. Jobber and service auto pilot are at the top. As of now, I maintain 70+ lawns and offer maintenance only services. My plan is to expand within the next 2 years. So I would like to use the software while I am smaller to get the hang of it. That way my system of operations will be efficient and expansion will be an easier transaction. So please vote so I can decide. If you vote other, please list what you use.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. GreenGuysLC

GreenGuysLC LawnSite Senior Member

Service Auto Pilot is a very good program that covers both the scheduling and routing end to your accounting and invoicing end... I will say the latest upgrades did add some functionality but also complicated other matters. Overall it was the best program I could find and I tried several.

10. terrabites

terrabites LawnSite Member

I'm smaller than you but have the same idea...I want software that will grow with me. I like Service Auto pilot, but I think its too expensive for me at the moment. So I'm using Jobber. Jobber is pretty good, but will need to keep upgrading its features.