Lawn Maintenance contract (need advice)

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by LawnBoy627, Feb 3, 2013.

1. LawnBoy627

LawnBoy627 LawnSite Member

I did some work for a customer (trimmed bushes, pruned crape myrtles ect.) and the customer was really happy with the job I did. He then asked me if I could put together a proposal for him to maintain his property. He told me he likes to cut his own grass, but would like me to maintain everything else in his yard ( flower beds, pruning, edging ect.) I was wondering if anybody else has any contracts for just flowerbed maintenance and pruning? Is it a good idea? Are there any downsides to this? All advice is appreciated.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Write it up and give him a price.

3. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Work is work, only downside is your not mowing his grass. Write up what you would charge and give it to him.

4. Jaybrown

Jaybrown LawnSite Bronze Member

If you don't really want the job make it a price that's a bit higher so if you get it. It will be worth it and if you don't no worries you didn't really want to do it anyway

5. jlcrox2

jlcrox2 LawnSite Member

I would be specific and set clear expectations. Don't end up in a " I'm paying you every month, you'll be here whenever I call" situations. Write it up just like you would a commercial customers contract, just cut out the mowing.