Lawn Maintenance in Las Vegas???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RB, Jul 5, 2001.

1. RB

RB LawnSite Senior Member

Who on Lawnsite is mowing in LV?

My wife's job may lead her to Las Vegas and I would like the change in climate. I'm orig. from the Southwest and ended up in Pa. Started a lawn maitnenance biz that is doing well.

Anyone in LV I would greatly appreciate what you think. I'm primarily doing residential maintenance including mowing,trimming, mulching and small landscaping. No irrigation -- I think that would hurt in LV??

Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I did a search on Las Vegas in the members search and it came up with these members.
    jdesimones 04-15-2001 0
    ScaryCary 09-27-2000 5
    TerraFirma 05-02-2001 0
    Turfcouncil 06-24-2000 15
  3. RB

RB LawnSite Senior Member

Big E

OBRYANMAINT LawnSite Senior Member

my father recently moved to henderson (basically las vegas) and he says mostly rock and sand in the front yards if you were profitable where your at now you will find a niche and be profitable there too
  5. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

That buisness is a gamble there:cool:
  6. southside

southside LawnSite Senior Member

What about mowing in Arizona and New Mexico?? :D
  7. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

ive been to las vegas about 5 times. i probably can answer your question, but from observations there are a lot of lawns to mow out there. there are lot of planned communities out there. one is called summerlin. like the tpc at summerlin. there are a ton of lawns in there. a lot of the landscape is rocks too. it seems theres a ton of landscape installation out there to do. good luck with what you decide.
  8. ron

ron LawnSite Senior Member

Hey I lived in Las Vegas for 18 years.If you can handle the heat 0f 115 degrees in the summer with no rain just dry heat then you can make $$$$$ just be careful of the side winder rattle snakes and scorpins......