Lawn Maintenance Scheduling Software

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Norcal3080, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Norcal3080

Norcal3080 LawnSite Member

Is anyone familiar with a good software program for scheduling lawn maintenance? Looking for something you put in the customer, etc and it schedules on the calendar, weekly, bi-weekly etc. Something to make lawns easier to keep track of.

2. Brodie

Brodie LawnSite Member

There is a new site sponsor that offers something similar to what you are describing. I signed up today with them for a free trial and so far it seems to be a good program. There are a few start up bugs that they are having but they have been efficient in resolving the problems that occurred.

This is the link to the thread they posted here on lawnsite
  3. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

other than the full lawn software that does everything from scheduling to keeping track of invoices and expenses i have no idea.

i just ditched my lawn software and switched over to quicken because i was having major issues with the software company.

i'm in a need of a schedule but, i'm gonna make a spread sheet myself.
  4. ncknaklawns

ncknaklawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

I made spreadsheet myself with column heading as follows.

Which mower worked best. (The one near rear of trailer so I don't have to needlessly start them up)

If the grass was unually thick (cut later in day if possible)

Whether it usually had blade dulling sticks lying around.

Then tried to set up a schedule after minimizing drive time and day of the week.

Then you just select and sort it a few different ways to see what works best. Then just fine tune it if you need to.
  5. Dotens

Dotens Banned

Call Service Auto Pilot. 800-475-4157 It's exactly what you are looking for. Their customer service is fantastic. Metion Dotens Lawn and Landscape when you call. Ask for Ashley she is super nice.
  6. wallace014

wallace014 LawnSite Member

7. BigGreen1

BigGreen1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

I tried outlook to schedule for a brief time. The problem I incurred was needing to change the frequency (occurence) often. It was not convenient to me.

I have finally settled in, and use excel. On the left is the customer's names. On top is the dates with Sunday blocked(colored) out. I put an O for opportunity (predicted at last visit) for when i think I want to do the yard. I replace that with an X when done. My secretary(daughter) will insert the amount paid from the date on the check written or I will insert the amount paid if in cash. I update the spreadsheet often on the computer. I have considered purchase of a netbook to do this and quit printing sheets.

If anyone would like to see a sample, I can create one and post.

8. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

Depending on your amount of customers and how much time you've invested in your business thus far, LawnPro is pretty decent start up, inexpensive software that's easy to pick up on and allows you to do pretty much what you want. It does however have it's limitations.
  9. limaint

limaint LawnSite Member
    from NY NY

Using groundskeeper pro...very happy with it. they have a free trial, upto 10 customers.
  10. lawn_guy

lawn_guy LawnSite Member

I've used CLIP software for the past 8 years. It links up with Quickbooks for invoicing. CLIP takes a little time to figure out, but it works great. We schedule mowing, spraying, mulch, pruning, etc. for about 1,000 properties. Each morning it prints out route sheets for 14 crews.....everything is routed and ready to go. It takes me about 45 minutes each morning to enter in the previous day's work. Every job is tracked down to the minute so I know which jobs are profitable and what prices need to be adjusted. CLIP works great.