Lawn Maintenance Software

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by kmorr566, Jul 4, 2010.

1. kmorr566

kmorr566 LawnSite Member

I'm sure this has been discussed before but I am interested in finding out what is the best software to use. My husband and I both hate paper work and we are trying to fimd something that help us automate billing etc. We currently use quickbooks for the accounting piece but I'm looking into other products that can also automate scheduling, job costing, marketing, etc. One product, QXpress for Lawn Maintenance, looks good because it integrates with Quickbooks but I am curious about what else is out there. What are your thoughts?:usflag:

2. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

go to www.adkad.com and download a free trial of groundskeeper they have a lite and a pro version. i've been using pro since 2003

3. Texas Lawn

Texas Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

does anyone else use software? Its something ive thought about but never taken the leap. Is this Groundskeeper the best? What is so great about it?

4. Hangtastic

Hangtastic LawnSite Member

GK pro is what i use now. Its ok for almost everything. My main complaint is with the billing. There is currently no way to bill a customer with multiple property's for just one of the property's. I called the company and explained my problem and they acknowledge the issue but have no fix at this time. At this point I'm looking into other software. There is one i have seen called Gopher2006 that has a 30 day free trial. I'm going to give that a try because it will sync with QB's where GK does not.

5. TPnTX

TPnTX LawnSite Bronze Member

as far as I know qxpress is the only one that integrate with quick books. I'm about to try it. I'll start with the standard and if that goes well the job costing feature looks good too.

on intuits website the reviews for qxpress customer support is bad. Real bad. So I was discouraged to see that. Hopefully at the most basic level the program is stable.

6. IMAGE

IMAGE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

www.landscapebilling.com I've used it for almost 4 yrs now. Great Great stuff. They have a free trial also. Can do billing, autoscheduling, expense tracking, emailing, etc. Check it out, you'll like it.

7. oasis2010

oasis2010 LawnSite Member

We use a program that does everything you could imagine and more. Its called Real Green . Check it out .

8. logan

logan LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

I have a copy of groundskeeper pro for $250 with pre-printed invoices.

9. Tha5150

Tha5150 LawnSite Member

Sort of an old thread here, but...

any advise for free software? dont even have 1 account yet but trying to get sort of situated on my start up. FreshBooks is nice, used to have an account with them. Now they are charging. Free version allows for only 2 or 3 clients. I am looking for a free program with about 10 accounts or 15. from there i have no problem paying for a good program.

not trying to sound cheap. but like everyone says, keep your expenses low when your first starting out... thats what i am trying to do here.

10. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

http://www.lawnprosoftware.com/

Bottom of the page, left hand side, up to 10 clients.