Lawn maintenance under 80.00$ a month how is it posible?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Perfect touch landscapes, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Perfect touch landscapes

Perfect touch landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Some states where lawns are to small,grass is moist most of the time, types of grasses are to gentle for Any mowers over 400 pounds, lawns are bagged edged , trimmed if not for full property maintenance how can big companies do it? 3- 4 employees present at all times all for about 80-100$
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

Every Employee should know what they are supposed to be doing so when you have 3-4 the job gets done super quick and you have no wasted time then on to the next. As far as the know what they are supposed to be doing part, thats the managers responsibility. When you run efficient you have a leg up on your competition. Many companies don't even measure lawns. They probably don't even know what their production rate is.

3. joel29m

joel29m LawnSite Senior Member

for a residence that sounds ok, but for a business property,:confused: a no can do.

4. Perfect touch landscapes

When you add up travel overhead even if 4 guys are there 10 minutes that's aprx 20-30$ cost to owner how can they do it for 20.00 and what about month you mow 5 times
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Perfect touch landscapes

Ok then what is that you have a leg up on me if let's say are overhead is about same my guys kick ass just like yours I got top notch equipment yet I bid 160.00 what you bid 80.00 on I just can't come to sences knowing that allot of owners don't get 70.000 out of each worker( a year ofcourse) how much is your standard per men
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. dKoester

Its simple its called HOA's.

7. joel29m

im solo, and my prices vary on the size of the property and what i have to do everytime i cut, im not gonna charge someone 160.00 a month to do an 160 by 20 lot once a week, theyll just tell me to kiss their ass. you might find a duck every once in a while, but now days people are too damn cheap.

8. Perfect touch landscapes

Hoas here actually bigger worst it h gets some guys pros cut acre for like 20.00Most of them I think don't know what acre is they will mow 7000 for 27$ and 3 acres for 75
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. dKoester

Then it sounds like you have problems.

10. joel29m

here it's about 50 dollars an acre. The other way around they'll have to kiss my ass.
    Posted via Mobile Device