Lawn Manual for customers......

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fga, Jul 6, 2004.

1. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

I was thinking of making a manual, for my customers, of various schedules of service I do, and a schedule for things they should do, for example....... water schedluing,etc. I saw a plant manual from a large nursery over here, telling the customer how to care and plant the shrub they just purchased. I was going to model it after this.

the question is, Am i giving away information that they are paying me for. If tell them in this manual the scheduling for fertilizing, seeding, trimming, etc. Am I making my presence less needed? It's looked like a profressional pamphlet to hand out, educating the customer on what their part should be. i figured i could include the benefits of mulching, etc.

I don't have all the details right now, just an idea.

good idea, or bad idea? any suggestions? Profressional, or no?

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

It is very professional. Whether or not a customer will follow your recommendations is another story.

3. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

i would like to see one if you do it. I think it sounds like a good idea, but rather than scheduling when THEY should put down the fert...schedule when YOU should put it down. Have the customer as least involved as you can.

trevor

4. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

yeah, i'd try to have them involved as least as possible, but make theirs and my my life easier. I'm working on an out line, i'll post it when i have a bit. then you can add to it if you see something.

5. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

I've thought about doing a mini "newsletter " with the bills each month with the same type of info. what to do the next month as mar as watering and other things. and what I would be doing.

Just never got around to putting anything together.