Lawn Monkey Applicator Program???

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by walker-talker, Jan 24, 2003.

1. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Ok, I have Lawn Monkey Pro Plus, but does anyone use Lawn Monkey Full Service Deluxe? I guess what I am getting at is ......how long can you use LM Pro Plus before you really need to get the application part of the program. I was told by the representive that the pro plus will suit you fine up to about 60 customers. Any truth to this? I have until December 13th to upgrade and only pay the difference of $500, after that I think I have to pay the full price of $950. This is my first year starting out doing applications so I know I don't need it right away, but just trying to get some insight on this subject.

Thanks
    MATT

2. Dandylyin Slayer

Dandylyin Slayer LawnSite Member

IF You are going to do apps you need to start out with your accounts on LM.

Getting LM was one of the best things we ever did.

3. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Matt,

You should post this on the LM forum to get a better tech answer, but here goes:
    I believe the major difference in the 2 programs is the way jobs get scheduled. With the pro-plus version, all jobs are date driven. Therfore, you can use it for applications if you schedule them by date. However, unlike mowing, application times and dates vary a whole lot more. With the Full service deluxe (which I use), we can schedule our application as "zone based jobs". Then we can fetch the desired jobs by individual clients, or a batch of clients each w/a similar"zone". Very fast & efficient.
    Finally, if you do snow removal, the plowing lists are set up similarly. This is a great feature of this program.

Good luck.

Bob

4. Lawn Ape

Lawn Ape LawnSite Member
    from Toronto

Thanks Bob for letting us know about the post!

Just wanted to let you know that to upgrade from the Pro Plus to the Full Service Deluxe is just the difference in price. You don't have to rebuy any programs or anything like that.

Where did you get that from? :)

LM Support

5. walker-talker

from Midwest

When I purchased the program at the GIE last November the representative said that if I upgraded to the full service package within a year of the orginal purchase date that I would just have to pay the difference. He did not say I would have to purchase the LM applicator program, but made it sound like I would have to. Thanks for clearing that up. That takes a little pressure off me.

MATT

6. Lawn Ape

Lawn Ape LawnSite Member
    from Toronto

Maybe he was referring to the absolute price change, considering that upgrades come out every year.

For example, if someone called up who is using the LM 2002 Applicator ($949).

They want to upgrade to the LM 2003 Applicator. The upgrade is $295.

Then they call back and say...while you are at it...I want to upgrade to the Deluxe.

So they pay the difference LM 2003 Deluxe ($1249) - LM 2003 Applicator ($949) = $300.

But they paid for two separate upgrades. LM 2002 to LM 2003 ($295), Applicator to Deluxe ($300) for a total of $595.

I hope that makes sense!!

LM Support

7. walker-talker

from Midwest

Yes, I understand what you are saying....perfectly. Let me ask you this. Say 3 years from now I am still using LM 2003, can I upgrade to LM 2006 for the same $295 and still upgrade from pro plust to the deluxe for $400 (for arguments sake the prices have not changed in 3 years)? I know this should of been on "your" forum, but this post is soon coming to an end.

Thanks
    MATT

8. Lawn Ape

Lawn Ape LawnSite Member
    from Toronto

Yes, according to the current rules, that would be the way. This policy might change between now and then, but as of now this is the way it would be done.

LM Support