1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lawn Mower A/C

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawrence stone, Feb 13, 2001.

1. Lawn Mower A/C

As a mower improvement project this spring I was going to install waterproof 12v cig ligter outlets in the dashboard of my walkbehinds.

The a/c in my truck consists of a plastic gooseneck 12vt 2 speed fan that plugs in the cig lighter so the fan is already in the truck.

A nice chrome fan on the front of your stainless dixie facing backwards would make a great fashion statement.
  2. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

I thought those Dixies moved so fast that A/C would be a waste of time.
  3. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

Sammy you want do,dont know what you wont do
  4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

sharper image sells a personal air cooler. my brother got one for his birthday. it goes around your neck and you put some water in it. it cools 20 degrees. looks like it will work well. i plan on breaking it in the next summer day that comes up. ill keep you guys informed on how well it works
  5. Mike Paulsen

Mike Paulsen LawnSite Member
    from Idaho

Stone you could mount a wind cab like the one on big walk behind snow blowers on your sulky, black out as much as possible of the plastic and run your a/c in there. You'd be cool...