Lawn Mowing 17.95 !!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Krimick, Jul 1, 2002.

1. Krimick

Krimick LawnSite Member

So I open up my monthly newsletter for the community I work in and I see this add:

+++++++

Lawn Mowing 17.95
    Trimming 1.95

Why are you paying more?

+++++++

There was more to the add, but that was the important part. Now, you can imagine what I'm thinking. This is a $ 30 area......each property is about the same size and all are in the $30 range with 40 being the max.

This add is more confusing then upseting. I mean I'm sure this guy will get work from it, he's already got about 10-15 properties in a few short weeks.......but I just can't see how he makes any money from this.......he's actually paying a helper as well.

If your charging 1.95 to trim and the average property takes 20 min to trim then that's less then 6 bucks an hour......he might as well go work at KFC, atleast they pay minimum wage ($6.85 cdn)

2. Krimick

Krimick LawnSite Member

By the way those are CANADIAN PRICES!!!

So since most of you are american, he's doing lawns for roughly $12.00 and trimming them for about $ 1.30

:dizzy:

3. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Hell Hire the guy and subcontract him out if he will work for that.

One thing is for sure, you will be able to pick up some jobs when he goes out of business.

4. JJ Lawn

JJ Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

We had a guy put out fliers here that said he'd mow any yard up to 5 acres for $20 for senior citizens. Even had the audacity to hang them on the door as I was mowing the yard.

I asked him if he would mow my 1.5 acres at that price as, I am almost a senior citizen. He said yes, but have not seen him since that day.

Would have gladly paid that fee. :)

Jim

5. Nelson

Nelson LawnSite Senior Member

WIll Not Last Long @ That Rate.....Bottom Line :sleeping:

6. Nelson

Nelson LawnSite Senior Member

Being Canadian Or American....