1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lawn Mowing Auto Renew

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnsRUsInc., Mar 20, 2008.

1. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Do any of you have a auto renew for your maint. contracts? I get sick of waiting till the last min to get all my contracts back. What have you done to help that i was thinking an auto renew?
  2. Ed Ryder

Ed Ryder LawnSite Senior Member

I don't do contracts. I make it real easy. I just send out a notice the third week of March every year telling my customers their price and that their service will automatically resume. They don't have to call or anything. I will be back to take care of the lawn as soon as I can make a noticeable difference by cutting it. But I say that if they want to cancel the service, they should let me know by a certain date. It has worked fine for me.
  3. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

We have an auto renew...but we do send out a reminder letter in early March to show them what they are signed up for, how much the rate went up and recommended add on services.
  4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

My contracts state that the agreement will continue indefinately unless either party indicates otherwise. I always call them in the Spring to touch base before the season starts.
  5. ponyboy

ponyboy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ny

it is the only way to go, we do the same as Ric always trying to upsell the customer
  6. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Ditto. I request negative responses only, and rarely ever get one (not one this season, or last). No action needed at the customer end.
  7. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

I was curious i think you all have great ideas. I went threw and called well started to call everyone that hasnt sent their contract back 90% of them didnt answer and i had me and 2 sales guys on it and it took alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll day yesterday. We had about 15-20 people cancel. Sold home, no money, expect miracles.....
  8. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

In my service agreement it simply states that it will renew each year.
  9. jpmako

jpmako LawnSite Senior Member

Here ya go,

This is directly from my Service Agreement:

A.) This agreement shall become effective beginning on the date of acceptance and shall continue for a period of twelve consecutive months until one year from the date of acceptance has been reached. Upon its completion, this agreement will automatically renew for an additional one-year commitment, and shall continue to automatically renew after each completion until it is terminated in writing. The rates for grounds maintenance services are seasonal and are subject to increase at anytime without prior notice.

10. Reassurance Property

Reassurance Property LawnSite Member

we don't do contracts. We just do a good old hand shake. If you are a good company the customer will respect you and remain loyal. (commercial is the exception, always use a contract) At the beginning of the year we send out a letter suggesting new services that we offer.